Now Joubert blows early !

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
At the end of the Ireland England game, england went over the line, but had the try disallowed for a forward pass.

When May touched the ball down there was six or seven seconds left on the clock --- so the awarded scrum for the forward pass should have taken place..

Instead CJ blew for time. Odd thing to do given the focus on timekeeping in last two weeks.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
At the end of the Ireland England game, england went over the line, but had the try disallowed for a forward pass.

When May touched the ball down there was six or seven seconds left on the clock --- so the awarded scrum for the forward pass should have taken place..

Instead CJ blew for time. Odd thing to do given the focus on timekeeping in last two weeks.

What about the focus on Jack Nowell? :biggrin:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Good Lord! Was he playing? I only really noticed 17 players - and they were all wearing green.

I thought JN was one of the bright spots in an otherwise dismal performance.

If he cut that stupid "pony tail" off and and shaved off his 5th form bum fluff moustache he may start to go up in my estimation. Certainly better than Jonny May who caught Conrad Smith cold in the Autumn and managed to live on that into the 6N. One good offload to Cipriani does not make up for the rest of his performances. I doubt he could tackle a big dinner!

I noticed CJ blew early but to be honest was glad it was all over. It was like Eric Elwood all over again. I wouldn't be surprised however if England manage to stumble to a Championship win if Wales manage to bore Ireland to death in Cardiff.

Dull weekend in terms of entertainment.

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
In the grand scheme of things does it matter? We were never going to win so missing out on 5 seconds of play isn't a big deal.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
In the grand scheme of things does it matter? We were never going to win so missing out on 5 seconds of play isn't a big deal.

We?

Is there something you want to tell us?

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
We?

Is there something you want to tell us?

He's a closet Pomanian. Just spent a few weeks in the Old Dart and he's gone all "swing low" and "dark satanic mills" on us.

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3

Let's be fair:

First scrum goes down, now the clock is red.

Restet Scrum fed into Ireland's second row. "hooked" back to the no 8.

Picked up by the 9 and kicked off the pitch.

Why risk an injury to one of the collapsing props?

Of course if the scrum were a contest at international level it might have been different.:deadhorse: