NZ v Georgia

Gracie

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
16 minutes in and already I find myself concerned that the ref is missing things; penalty against Georgia when NZ player clearly not supporting his weight after 12 mins then RMG disengaged from scrum to take on the Georgian player, pls don't let this be trend

Rob M W

ELRA/Club Referee
Post Likes
Free kick at the line out against Georgia for a dummy jump? What's that about? NZ scored from the free kick as well.

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
In this RWC I have certainly thought that refs favour tier 1 countries

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Free kick at the line out against Georgia for a dummy jump? What's that about? NZ scored from the free kick as well.

Actually, it is the correct decision in Law...

[LAWS]19.10 OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN A LINEOUT
(f) Jumping, supporting or lifting before the ball is thrown. A player must not jump or be lifted or supported before the ball has left the hands of the player throwing in.
Sanction: Free Kick on the 15-metre line[/LAWS]

Too many referees allow this to happen

However, Mr Gauzere does not appear to have a bloody clue at scrum time; it looks largely like guesswork to me. Two PKs awarded to Georgia and three to New Zealand that all ahould have gone the other way.

RobLev

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Is Kane going to have a citing problem with the neck tackle he put in at the very end?

Rob M W

ELRA/Club Referee
Post Likes
Actually, it is the correct decision in Law...

[LAWS]19.10 OPTIONS AVAILABLE IN A LINEOUT
(f) Jumping, supporting or lifting before the ball is thrown. A player must not jump or be lifted or supported before the ball has left the hands of the player throwing in.
Sanction: Free Kick on the 15-metre line[/LAWS]

Too many referees allow this to happen

However, Mr Gauzere does not appear to have a bloody clue at scrum time; it looks largely like guesswork to me. Two PKs awarded to Georgia and three to New Zealand that all ahould have gone the other way.
I've seen it happen in most games when the throwing in side dummy a jump and then throw to a different pod. But I have often seen 19.10 apply to the non throwing team for an early lift. S'pose I've learnt something tonight then ��

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Is Kane going to have a citing problem with the neck tackle he put in at the very end?

You beat me to it, I just posted about that on another forum. It wasn't pretty was it.

He will be lucky not to be cited and suspended or given a citing commisioner warning, i.e. a post match yellow card.