Personal offence . .

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
Bryan. your last post to me refers.ie., I will NOT tolerate you accusing this forum as being offensive or generating offensive comments.

I did NOT, have NOT or would NOT accuse this forum per se of being offensive. As you well know it is those members' comments to me which I refer, which you - and others - are blindly tolerating at my expense.

Please read my post and don't deliberately misrepresent what I state to gain sympathetic backing with unjustified remarks, intimidating comments and rebukes.

I always attempt to justify with careful qualification should I go back to those queries which you and others so often insist have been answered. Also I focus my comments and queries on LoG, unlike my critics who invariably get personal. (Re OB post;http://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread.php?14186-NH-v-SH-LoG-accord&p=193528#post193528)

You and others know exactly who these respected members are to which I refer, their untoward, belittling and offensive comments are generated without cause other than an impression many of you have generated of me, that of being stupid, personally offensive and at times irritatingly provocative . . . the latter, however, I must admit to.

No open forum warnings for them, Bryan, they wouldn't tolerate it.

Last edited:

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
I did NOT, have NOT or would NOT accuse this forum per se of being offensive. As you well know it is those members' comments to me which I refer, which you - and others - are blindly tolerating at my expense..

In the above post, you are accusing the administrators and moderators with allowing individuals to post what you feel are offensive comments. This is simply wrong:

1. There's a process of reporting posts
2. ALL moderators and site admins are responsible for addressing reported posts that are either offensive, SPAM, or other unwanted content

No open forum warnings for them, Bryan, they wouldn't tolerate it.

You're now accusing the administrators and moderators of having some sort of double standards against you versus other forum members. This is once again completely wrong.

Basically, it's not them, it's you.

You've stopped making this fun. I dont enjoy posting and contributing anymore, and I also dont find anything you have to say insightful or adding-of-value, which is a hell of a stretch considering I laugh at most of the stuff that Dickie E posts.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
No Idea what you guys are falling out about but I rarley see anything on here that I find offensive.
Have a virtual pint and shake hands guys after the game

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Also I focus my comments and queries on LoG, unlike my critics who invariably get personal. (Re OB post;http://www.rugbyrefs.com/showthread.php?14186-NH-v-SH-LoG-accord&p=193528#post193528)
Here is that post in full.
Come on, Simon, lighten up a bit. This bête noire complex you have conjured up about me needs to be exorcised not only for your benefit but, I would've thought, so necessary for the tenor of the forum.
This forum is about refereeing (and other rugby matters). It is not about you and your feelings.
You will see that the part I quoted from your post was NOT focussed on the Laws of the Game. It was personal.

"He started it"?[LAWS]Law 10.4 (l) A player must not retaliate.[/LAWS]

Can we please just stick to refereeing and rugby?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
And in a total irony overload, a Mod got a complaint about the thread.

Let's be clear about some things:

1. This site is here to help advance refereeing - that means different things to different people, but that should be its primary purpose.
2. There is a catholic group of posters here - nationalities, backgrounds, and refereeing experience.
3. We expect the same behavioral standards here that we would show each other in person.
4. There is a process for raising personalissues - that path is Private Message, or e-mail. It is emphatically NOT starting a thread.
5. There is a process for dealing with posts/threads - it is to raise that concern with the Mods and we will deal with it.

I don't remember the last time a thread got locked or closed. Can I PLEASE request that we stop posting in this one and get back to discussing that which is really important - like the impact that George Clancy will have on the biggest game this year?!

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
what match is clancey doing and when? :confused:

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
I don't remember the last time a thread got locked or closed. Can I PLEASE request that we stop posting in this one and get back to discussing that which is really important - like the impact that George Clancy will have on the biggest game this year?!

Wales v Italy is important? That's the only Tier 1 v Tier 1 game Clancy is doing in the upcoming 6 Nations...

This was too easy.

I was kind of happy to let the dirty laundry get aired in public...it's an open forum, after all. :shrug:

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
I don't remember the last time a thread got locked or closed.

wasn't it when wayne barnes started getting death threats by kiwi teenagers?

(only trying to help).

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
... like the impact that George Clancy will have on the biggest game this year?!
On the subject of the impact George Clancy has on a match. The linked page shows how the guy got well and truly lambasted by a "well-known" French forum. (Oxymoron, I know.)

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
On the subject of the impact George Clancy has on a match. The linked page shows how the guy got well and truly lambasted by a "well-known" French forum. (Oxymoron, I know.)
Holy Crap, this french forum is just a bag of moron. Seriously? People try to mark the refs out of 20, and folks are averaging 2s, 4s, and sixes? Awesome. Joubert gets a 2 on 20 for the final. Must be nice to Rollers then...NOPE. 10 on 20.

They need to stop smoking so many Gauloises.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Wales v Italy is important? That's the only Tier 1 v Tier 1 game Clancy is doing in the upcoming 6 Nations...

This was too easy.

I think it's cruel to classify England as a Tier 2 Nation already - give Lancaster a chance!! (easy, you say?!)

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
I love how this gets threadjacked. Hilarious. Chopper, either edit your thread, remove all the info and post a pretty picture of birds from that bird show you watch, or I'm deleting this whole thread and starting a "Scotland has a Chance: everyone else is crap as well" thread.