playing colours

Colt

Referees in England
Post Likes
Had an interesting senario recently in a game I was watching.

Both teams predominatley in blue, one blue/ white hoops, the other plain blue with white vertical strips.
Ref says colour clash, I thought a bit OTT, lots of confusion. As it happens the guy I was with had the key to our kit shed so we were able to help out as our colours were very different.

Interestingly the home team were not going to wear our kit so the away team obliged.

I have since been advised that it is the away team that has to change strip, which seems illogical to me, on the basis that the home team is more likley to have access to a change than the away squad.

If we move beyond the obvious, which is the ref/teams should sort out before the day, am I alone in thinking the logic of the away team having to provide a change is a bit flawed?

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
nope, tha'ts wendyball. Oval ball game the home side changes strip surely?

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
no, you're not alone. the RFU agree with you below the national leagues!

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
What needs to be made is a reversable jersey say with blue as normal, and orange as 2nd

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
As mentioned, in England it's usually the home team that has to change:

Regulation 19: Kits

* 19.1 Clash of Colours
o 19.1.1 In the event of Clubs having clashing or similar colours:
+ (a) at Levels 3 to 5, the away team shall be responsible for changing its colours subject to the satisfaction of the appointed Referee.
+ (b) at Levels 6 and below, the home team shall be responsible for changing its colours subject to the satisfaction of the appointed Referee.
+ (c) in the Cup Competitions, the County Competitions and the U20 Competition, the home team shall be responsible for changing its colours subject to the satisfaction of the appointed Referee.