Pre Season Training

taff426

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Well, here we go again. Pre Season Training. With my first game only 2 weeks away i am starting my season 4 weeks earlier than normal!!! :eek:

Out of curiosity, what sort of pre season training do you guys do?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Ascot, Wimbledon, Henley, shortly to be followed by 2 weeks in Seychelles (this year's choice by Mrs T). Sunday lunchtime trips to local rugby club to keep rugby culture fresh (and today watch British GP).

An update on any Law changes / rulings / etc, a pre-season Group Assessors' meeting, plus same for Federation & Society with development referees.

Finally a sharpening of my pencils, printing of a new stock of match analysis forms, new batteries for Comms Kit and some walks across the fields with my dogs to get my fitness levels to their peak by mid August.

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
Lots of cycling and swimming. Not much running to gives the knees a rest. 4 weeks outs start running again, normally 2-3 miles interval training either using a hill or changing pace, then work on my sprint speeds. Hopefully ref my clubs early contact sessions.

Then hope for a cool September!

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I train with my club.
Has to be the best way rather than on your own and you can ref game scenarios for them

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Rest through June, jogging first two weeks in July, then onto refereeing touch rugby. That's proper touch rugby on a 50m pitch, very fast, great workout.

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
I just continue my regular fitness training throughout the season with maybe a week or 2 off at the end of fall season.

stuart3826

Referees in England
Post Likes
I've just made a return to coaching, but for the first time coaching adults. Part of each session is to ref a conditioned game. I'm also cycling, swimming and doing gym work.

And eating and drinking too much - same as the rest of the year!:)

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
And eating and drinking too much - same as the rest of the year!:)

That explains it. :chin: When I saw you last week I thought you had a padded jacket on :wow: :wink:

stuart3826

Referees in England
Post Likes
That explains it. :chin: When I saw you last week I thought you had a padded jacket on :wow: :wink:
No, that was all me - however if I were your height and my weight, I would only have a 12" waist:biggrin:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
No, that was all me - however if I were your height and my weight, I would only have a 12" waist:biggrin:

And if they squashed me down to your height I would look like the Michelin Man :biggrin:

stuart3826

Referees in England
Post Likes
And the balance of probabilities leads me to suspect this would improve your rugged good looks no end!