Promotions

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Really pleased to hear I've been moved onto North Group for next season. Has anyone heard who else has made Group, or been prmoted at other levels?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Great news. Well done.

KML1

Ref in Hampshire. Work for World Rugby
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
Congrats Jacko, much deserved Im sure.

Having said that, seems odd timing for NG to make such calls.

The RFU Panel decision's meeting is, I believe , on Wednesday so the Group's don't know at this stage what is happening with those who are going up (or coming off!). Would have thought they'd have waited util they know what was happening with their nominees before doing anything else. I remember clearly that it was June when I found out Id got on Group - as the call came through as I was enjoying my birthday meal with The Present Mrs Ref!

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
i was promoted to 9 in Nov and then 9+1 in March/April. Aiming for 8 in Nov, so lots of hard work on roads and lanes over summer (already started).

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Well done Jacko - have a great experience next season. Level 5 is probably the most difficult level as it is the highest without appointed TJs, and some serious and good quality rugby is being played. Good luck, work hard and all the best for the next push to Panel.

Like KML I am a little suprised by early doors NG decision as both SEG and SWG tend to both wait for National Panel nomination decisions next week before confirming their final Group selections. Obviously a lot of 'pencilled in' already and I can see how they could do it early, especially if a number of current Group refs are coming off NG.

PeterH

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well done Jacko
you will be joined by a couple I know as I attend West Yorks meetings ( I work in Bradford all work as an IT PM) and am a member of Liverpool Soc

We got two on to North Group from Liverpool:
Ian Tempest - little whippet of a 19 year old and Stuart McCormack - an old fart like me but a bit fitter :)

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
I've never seen either ref but I've heard rave reviews about Ian.

PeterTC

Referees in England
Post Likes
Panel decisions are tomorrow as KML mentions (from what I've heard). Midland Group are deciding end of this week I believe. Congrats Jacko, glad things have gone well!

QE2wgc

Referees in England
Post Likes
Midland Group are meeting on the 15th from what Ive been told, so good luck PTC

PeterTC

Referees in England
Post Likes
Good luck to you too QE2, assuming you haven't heard anything yet either?

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
He has lost hearing in that ear (the bells!). QE2 is a bit war torn and ragged at the moment. He nearly lost sight in his good eye (left). Back= Shingles. Bruised and battered (stag weekend) and a nice big groove appearing down his forehead ... (from her thumb). I hear he may hurt his back from picking up all the rice in the near future.

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
then there is the sore shoulder from all the congratulatory back slapping ... and the inflamed liver from all the congratulatory drinks ... and sore nose from the ring and a poorly leg from carrying around a ball and chain

Pablo

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
There you have proof, folks... Marriage: it's not a word, it's a sentence!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Sounds like the poor chap should be pensioned off immediately and put out to grass, rather than be promoted!

ex-lucy

Referees in England
Post Likes
he just sent me a text .. Dev Group Conf ... i have no idea what that means.

QE2wgc

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well done PTC (and me;) )

We are both Mid Group Development refs for next season.:D

Suppose that means I will have to get fit and loose some weight:mad: :mad:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
PTC took his call just before the Hampshire Society Dinner last night ! Well done to both of you.

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
We are both Mid Group Development refs for next season.:D

please pardon my ignorance - does that mean that you're on the midlands group and being groomed for a panel nomination in the next couple of seasons?

QE2wgc

Referees in England
Post Likes
Deeps
Something wrong with PTC's genes - he keeps appearing to get taller...

Dave C
Sort of. We are development group refs with the potential for panel hopefully in the next few years. next goal is to get full group (or if we have blinding seasons maybe even panel at end of season)