"Quote" "unquote"

sgoat

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Now that you've finished can we please move the off topic discussion to its own thread elsewhere and would someone be kind enough to answer my question if they can?

I can attach files and pictures to a post, but cannot find how to include a picture in the text of a post, like how SimonSmith did above and Ian has done before in the thread about the boots and with screen shots of matches.

Many thanks.
Simon

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Rather than simply typing into the quick reply box use the grey buttons that show at the top left and bottom left of the messages in the thread, labelled "Post Reply" or "Reply to Thread"

They have additional options not available in the quick reply box.

One of these options is the paperclip symbol for "attach" on the top line of the tesxt box surround, after the font, colour and smilies icons.

Click on the paperclip that lets you upload pictures from your PC or from the web

Upload the file

Close the attachments window

submit reply

Attachments

• 20100608082542!God2-Sistine_Chapel.jpg
    20100608082542!God2-Sistine_Chapel.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 3

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Rather than simply typing into the quick reply box use the grey buttons that show at the top left and bottom left of the messages in the thread, labelled "Post Reply" or "Reply to Thread"

They have additional options not available in the quick reply box
One of the options is the yellow square with a picture of a mountain - also available when using the Quote box to reply. That yellow mountain is called Insert Image - and it does this:

right.jpg

sgoat

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
One of the options is the yellow square with a picture of a mountain - also available when using the Quote box to reply. That yellow mountain is called Insert Image - and it does this:

right.jpg

Yes but what URL did you use for the image? If I have a picture on my computer that I want to use it won't have a URL.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Use the "VB Image Host" facility to upload the picture.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
sGoat

In the posting box click on the paper clip.
A new tab will open called "manage attachments".
There will be a red/green bar along the top.
This shows how much space you have to store attachments on the forum.
Click on browse.
Find a picture on your computer and click open.
Click the upload button on the right.
This will upload the image to the forums server.
If it is successful under the "upload image from URL" box it Will show the image name and size.
You can now close the manage attachments tab.
Back in the posting box, click in the box, then click on the down arrow next to the paperclip and select the image you have just uploaded.
Job done.

Note: you can only store a limited amount of files or images on the server. This is denoted by the red/green line in manage attachments, which show used and available space. Periodically you will run out of space and will need to delete some older files or images from the server.

You do this by clicking quick links/user control panel.
Then under Miscellaneous click attachments.
Delete the older or no longer required files or images.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
nah, still can't get it. I'll have to use the tried & proven.

Last edited:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
nah, still can't get it. I'll have to use the tried & proven.
I sense you're trying to get a rise out of us. Please try to understand that test cricket is something that a sports-minded person may cast a half-interested eye over during the British summer, when there is no real sport to watch and after the grass has been mown. Pyjama cricket is something you might take your young child to if you are tearing your hair out. 2wenty:20 is the equivalent of watching competitive darts - bit of a jokee, intrigued about the evident but not quite comprehesible atmosphere. All this takes place in summer; cricket during the winter months while sport is available to be watched is as interesting as synchonised swimming - a view apparently shared by the professionals who play it (using the word "play" in its loosest sense).

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
cricket during the winter months while sport is available to be watched is as interesting as synchonised swimming

If one member of a synchronised swimming team drowns; do they all have to drown? :Nerv:

Casey Bee

Referees in England
Post Likes
Nice one Dixie,
Anybody know how to do this*, then? *Fancy stuff from a forum newbie.

Revived this dunce's guide to ask this...

How do you do the 'see here', or 'check this thread' that then links to something else??

I know OB wrote a reply about looking up codes, but I don't understand it! Could someone give a basic guide. Thanks

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
In the reply box, Select the text you want to use as a link. Left of the yellow mountain square, there's a globe with a chain (link - geddit?). Click the chain, and that brings up a new box into which you paste the URL of the thing you want to link to. Click OK, and submit the post.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
I was expecting an image of "the bird!"

Casey Bee

Referees in England
Post Likes
I was expecting an image of "the bird!"

Nah, I wouldn't be that rude! I was feeling a bit like a genius after following the instructions and sticking the tongue out seemed appropriate. Though it did take about 20 minutes! :(