Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Referee Rating
Which Referee are you rating?
Angus Gardner
What game were they refereeing?
Australian Barbarians v Canada (Friendly)
Did you support one of the teams playing?
Yes
Rate the referees OFFSIDE management
6​
Rate the referees ADVANTAGE application.
4​
Rate the referees management of RUCKS & MAULS.
3​
How well did the referee manage the TACKLE?
3​
How well did the referee control the match?
6​
How well did the referee manage DANGEROUS PLAY
7​
Rate the referees apparent FITNESS
8​
Rate the referees ATTITUDE during the game.
5​
Rate the referees OVERALL performance
4​
Do you have any other comments regarding the this referee?
Several critical infringements, two of which led to tries. Expected more based on past performances.

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Re: Referee Rating by Iron_Lung - {qo_1) - {qo_2)

Is that all you get? In no way constructive!

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes

Is that all you get? In no way constructive!
Dude, this is a SPECTATOR rating a referee. The key question is this:
Did you support one of the teams playing?

Clearly this isnt for one of the PRs, or even for the team coaches. In fact I have no idea what kind of feedback form this is supposed to be (maybe a ranting form instead?). It's about as useful as one of those client-feedback cards at IHOP or TGI Fridays. Really, b/c your server gives a sh!t that your griddle-cakes weren't perfect, eh tubby? Maybe if we hooked up that syrup via an IV instead of pouring a gallon of it on your pancakes you'd feel better?

I'll be interested to see the Video. My initial thought was Canada losing by less than 25 would be a good start based on the Barbarians firepower. They let a stupid try in at the end, but I want to see how they did with the ball in hand.

How can you give a guy a 4 for advantage? I mean I've had bad days at the office, but come on, a 4? Unless the dude is playing 20-phase scrum advantage I wouldnt give him a 4!

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes

It will be interesting over the course of time to see what top refs are rated at in different areas on the game (clearly the title has a coding error, but I'll sort that).

The did you support one team will allow us to see how much it influences a persons judgement. It will also allow us to look at trends in voters.

I'm hopeful that being a referee related forum we can be more understanding of a ref performance (more than the average fan that is) and so will be able to give this a little more credibility.

Keep rating the top referees you see, and if the system needs tweaks along then way, we'll tweak it!

Iron_Lung

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
It depends. Were talking about international referees so their 1 is our 12! I gave hime a 4 because I counted three critical mistakes in terms of his application of advantage that, In my very humble opinion, had an undue influence on that part of the game. I'm certain that I can't hold a candle to him, but I had to score him somehow and this seemed appropriate.

I have seen Angus Gardner ref amazing games before and I think he is a great ref. I don't think last night was one of his best games however and my score reflects that. If you rated them with a scale that had 10 being perfect and 1 being a first time referee doing the Whoop Whoop U12's, you'd have an international ref getting mostly 9s and 10s and there would be even less use in the forms.

Robert Burns

Staff member
Post Likes
It's all relative, so don't get too protective about it, what you give is your opinion, and that's how it must be.

Robert Burns

Staff member
Post Likes
Referee Rating form is now working properly (Outputting automatically to thread).

Jacko

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Ahhh - it was you rating someone else. I thought you'd got that from an assessor. I now feel like an idiot.