RFU Refereeing Course in Buckinghamshire

gillburt

Referees in England
Post Likes
Wasn't sure where to post this, but here goes.
For anyone interested:

------------------------------------------------------
The Rugby Football Union is running an Entry Level Referee Award Course at Amersham & Chiltern RFC on June 11th at 7.30 , June 16 at 7.30 and Sunday June 21 for the Practical assessment.

The course is an ideal introduction to refereeing for all levels of referees from mini rugby through to adult rugby.

The course which takes place over two evenings and a Sunday - includes classroom discussion and practical elements on the Sunday.

The emphasis is on how to referee rather than what to referee.

The programme covers; referees’ roles, responsibilities and attitudes, judgement and materiality, safety, communication and positioning, child protection, problem areas/theory put into practice, game management and control.

In Buckinghamshire we have tried to schedule this event on several occasions - if this is late notice - please just show up on Thursday

For more details contact Nigel Cowley, RFU Referee Development Officer for the South West on nigelcowley@rfu.com or 07894 783378.

------------------------------------------------------
And here's a link to A&C website:

http://www.chilternrugby.co.uk/

ps) I am not Nigel Cowley.... just forwarding on the above as I got it by email.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Usually you can't just show up on the day to do ELRA. I am involved with running ELRA (Entry Level Referee Award) courses through the Hampshire Society and deal with Nigel Cowley a lot (who is RFU's paid South West Group Referee Development Officer).

There is pre-course material to be completed and also the delegate packs have to be pre-ordered through the RFU by the Trainer and all delegates have to register and pay centrally to the RFU in advance - (this central Admin is the RFU's choice not ours in the Societies !)

All ELRA courses across the country are co-ordinated centrally by RFU and can seen listed on the RFU ELRA pages

gillburt

Referees in England
Post Likes
The above was the email I received. I thought it odd too, but figured mine is not to reason why.

The only edit was me adding the website for the rugby club.

Anyway, if anyone on here is interested in it (and I note it's probably coals to newcastle), I'd suggest speaking to Nigel Cowley first.

I can vouch for the club - it's where we at Bucks refs have our society meetings - a good bar, nice club house, nice location, pot-hole riddeled car-park :D

EDIT : just noticed the date - bit late now!

Rawling

Getting to know the game
Post Likes
Just went to the first session tonight. It's not at all what I expected - didn't expect to jump straight in with materiality and contextual judgement and advantage - but I can definitely see how it makes sense and how all the little niggles I'm fond of really don't matter. Can't wait for the practical next week.