Season 2016/17 - The Curse of LLP!!!!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Now the season is just about finished here in RFU land baring the odd cup game I thought I'd reflect on my season.

First season at my new fighting weight having shed 20lb since this time last year. Missed all October with a recurrence of my herniated disc problem.

After a number of good reports it was suggested by grading Sec. just before Christmas that I try and get to L7. Subsequently went on 2x exchanges and am still on L8 so still not sure if that's been worth it or if I am poised for promotion. Maybe next season? One advisor very helpful another less so.

The Curse of LLP is that of the 6 teams I did out of County 3 of them got relegated:D

All three home teams lost - never good when you're relying on a free drink or two (although Phil E saved the day on my last day away).

As mentioned met Phil E and earlier on Becket50 on one of his trips up North.

Good season for the LLP's as LLP Jnr. looks like he's made it on to North Group. He's done 2x L5s in March/April and the MOs seem happy.

Finished now with only AR2 in district Cup Final on Thursday and 3 or 4 Sevens tournaments over the early Summer.

Have fun and stay safe. See you all next year.

:pepper:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
LLP - great news re Junior. Hope he makes the selection to North Group.

And eagerly await to be his Match Observer on a SW Group or SE Group exchange appointment. I will keep a close watch when the Group exchanges are scheduled for next season.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

And eagerly await to be his Match Observer on a SW Group or SE Group exchange appointment. I will keep a close watch when the Group exchanges are scheduled for next season.

Thanks Simon. He is still waiting confirmation but is dropping on some high profile gigs in the meantime. He was AR for the N1E v N1W (Level 6) play off with two group guys.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

LLP Jr. made it on to North Group (L5)