Shane Geraghty wendyball slide tackle

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
Saints game. Did you see it? OK he did not make contact, imo more by luck than judgement, and the commentators commended him for it (which made me smell a rat) but would you allow someone to lead with their feet whilst a player is trying to ground the ball for a score?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Sounds like dangerous play. 22.4 (f).

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
I must admit I was calling for a Pen. try at the time - never was going to be given

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
One of my pet hates, and always a cheap shot, whether leading by feet, or knees to kidneys, or landing on a try scorer. Seems to be getting more common in youth matches too.

We have a level 10 incident that was so late (ref had turned to signal try and so didn't see it), that try scrorer ended up with broken ribs (one separated form sternum !) and was hospitalised for 48 hours.

The offender is currently awaiting a citing hearing, and police action is being considered subject to actual evidential support being good enough.

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
One of my pet hates, and always a cheap shot, whether leading by feet, or knees to kidneys, or landing on a try scorer. Seems to be getting more common in youth matches too.

We have a level 10 incident that was so late (ref had turned to signal try and so didn't see it), that try scrorer ended up with broken ribs (one separated form sternum !) and was hospitalised for 48 hours.

The offender is currently awaiting a citing hearing, and police action is being considered subject to actual evidential support being good enough.

The SG one wasn't that bad (or anywhere near it)

There was a ball free and he slid in as the player attempted to ground, still reckless and dangerous in my book

Greg Collins

Referees in England
Post Likes
Thanks Lizban I thought it might just be me. at my level cert PT and a YC for dangerous play. Different up there.

PeterH

Referees in England
Post Likes
I YC'd a fullback last season and gave a PT when he high tackled a winger running in closer to posts... winger in in-goal - he just slotted him

Was stunned when fullback's skipper said "what was wrong with that, he should have put it down quicker"!!

In bar afterwards everyone seemed mystified till I asked what would they have thought if it was infield... there seems to be a growing feeling that you get away with it in-goal