Sir, Sir's picking on me

RobLev

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Can we not all agree that GJ was being picked on? The issue is whether that was justified by his play/offending.

Account Deleted

Facebook Member
Post Likes
WG, RMcB, and GJ need to sort themselves out not winge about M. Poite

Recognise the problem, adapt and play to the referee.........................

Not the point really. IF the ref is getting it wrong then it is he that needs to sort himself out rather than the player (of course if it is the player who is wrong then he does indeed need to address his problem. The error is going public on the matter.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
from what i remember when RP first spoke to SW asking him to ensure "#1 pushed straight" TO ME that looked as though it had come in from an AR in downtime? I think the first few scrum PK's went to Wales and then it seems as though RP changed his view and this may well have come in from the side mmmmmm :chin: i wonder which side that was if it was the case????

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Not the point really. IF the ref is getting it wrong then it is he that needs to sort himself out rather than the player (of course if it is the player who is wrong then he does indeed need to address his problem. The error is going public on the matter.

Fairly standard blame shift / deflective strategy ..... even it the analysts say there is a point to be argued.

Oh, & it's nothing new ........ http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/mar/19/england-complain-irb-referee-steve-walsh

rearrange [on foot other boot]
Looks like all those hours of forensic analysis paid off Graham, well done, an insight into why Gatland took you on the Lions Tour :eng:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Assuming it's not journaleese.

Didn't want to go back on after the sin bin elapsed???

I'd like a quote from Charlie Faulkner please!!!

Fatboy_Ginge

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Can we not all agree that GJ was being picked on? The issue is whether that was justified by his play/offending.

No.After a 2nd penalty for not driving straight Sam Warburton was asked by RP to make sure he did drive straight. GJ was penalised shortly afterwards for the same offence and warned about it.

Ask, Warn, Sanction.

I'm sorry but he got what was coming to him.

Did Poite pick on him... No more than any other player who ignores the referees requests.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes

Being " picked on" usually implies an unfairness or an unreasonable selection of the target

So, a "no" from me as well.

Gracie

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Very poor disrespectful behaviour by GJ and the Welsh PR machine. Time for them to apologise