So when is Rassie Erasmus gong to get sanctioned for coaching on the field?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Probably about the same time he admits to having a sock puppet on Twitter - ie never.

Jarrod Burton

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
https://wwos.nine.com.au/rugby/worl...estimony/83772439-75c8-4206-8aa9-a92574d02334

do you reckon Nic's victim impact statement piles it on a bit thick?

Not if its how he feels - and we don't know what effect its had on his wife and close family. Imagine being in his shoes while half of the rugby fans in SA pile on with abuse and vitriol in the media. Nic's got a thick skin but nobody deserves that.

I'd agree that his reputation has been tarnished significantly by the actions of Erasmus running his mouth and I've no doubt that Erasmus would be demanding a public apology if WR outlined a 60 minute video of every perceived coaching failure that he had made this year - I mean they lost twice to the Wallabies this year so he can't be that great a coach, right?

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Not if its how he feels - and we don't know what effect its had on his wife and close family. Imagine being in his shoes while half of the rugby fans in SA pile on with abuse and vitriol in the media. Nic's got a thick skin but nobody deserves that.

yeah, I get that but I wonder if an international referee is better off with a bit of stoicism and let the judicial process take its course. I'm not sure this "my family and I have endured a significant amount of distress" does him any favours for his future career.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
yeah, I get that but I wonder if an international referee is better off with a bit of stoicism and let the judicial process take its course. I'm not sure this "my family and I have endured a significant amount of distress" does him any favours for his future career.

Presumably WR asked him for a victim impact statement?
Replying "I'm fine" wouldn't have helped anyone.

Zebra1922

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade

Why? He’s a human being like the rest of us. I’m not sure that ‘stoicism’ is the desired approach anyway. Just stores up problems for either the future or for others.

It’s effectively saying he’s weak for showing emotion, which is nonsensical.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Why? He’s a human being like the rest of us. I’m not sure that ‘stoicism’ is the desired approach anyway. Just stores up problems for either the future or for others.

It’s effectively saying he’s weak for showing emotion, which is nonsensical.

Unfortunately now Erasmus and his supporters can be in no doubt that he hit a bullseye

BikingBud

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I am fairly sure that nobody should be expected to put up with the direct complaints that had been levelled. I almost used criticism and although it may the correct term, when taken outside the context of constructive feedback as in this case, there was nothing in Erasmus' conduct or intent other than being destructive.

We all know that different people interpret all things in different ways and that includes not only the application of the laws of the game but also how we hear and accept feedback. This is not about being a snowflake but more about the governing body standing up for the people that make the game possible, often in spite of the way that same governing body gives unfathomable guidance that we as referees often cannot grasp. That pundits don't want to engage and understand and continue to talk over the referee so will never understand and therefore the opportunity of the fan to gain a greater understanding is not possible. Bizarrely the fans then believe one of the people with the biggest vested interest and therefore probably the worst possible view on the subject. And then jump on the bandwagon to throw the abuse.

More like football everyday:shrug:

I've said on here a few times we can get all forensic and review every situation in minute detail via the TMO but watching the Ireland v AB game on NZ sky at the weekend it seemed form the pundits, JK and Mils, there was very little appetite for interruptions and they were happy that Ireland would have had a try rather than review.:rolleyes:

BikingBud

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade

I'd agree that his reputation has been tarnished significantly by the actions of Erasmus running his mouth and I've no doubt that Erasmus would be demanding a public apology if WR outlined a 60 minute video of every perceived coaching failure that he had made this year - I mean they lost twice to the Wallabies this year so he can't be that great a coach, right?

- Yup!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Law 6.30

I hope WR deal with this.

BikingBud

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Law 6.30

I hope WR deal with this.
In the same review of the conduct of the French medics during the final few moment of the game v Italy?

Clearly the sole arbiter needs to deal as they see fit but the weight of the authorities needs to be brought and the required high standards re-established.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
its somewhat like squint feeds and lineout throwers' feet.

Its been ignored now sufficiently long that's its a case of putting the genie back in the bottle. It has become the norm.

tim White

Referees in England
Post Likes
Some great examples of lineout thrower's feet on the pitch in the six nations last weekend.

Stu10

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11

Its been ignored now sufficiently long that's its a case of putting the genie back in the bottle. It has become the norm.
However, it is possible to ignore borderline no arm tackles for 78 minutes before you penalise one... 😬😶‍🌫️ (too soon or too bitter?)

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
However, it is possible to ignore borderline no arm tackles for 78 minutes before you penalise one... 😬😶‍🌫️ (too soon or too bitter?)
Did the TMO give it or the ref? seemed to be a bit of a delay. Either way it was a dumb tackle.

Volun-selected

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8

I’m not sure which UK(? Don’t think it was IRL) feed we get rebadged on Peacock in the US but the commentators actually called out the hooker standing inside the line.

As for when we’ll see that law become less optional? Hmm...
(oink flap oink flap)