Sunday's game

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
On Sunday I was at Esher rugby club, the day started out with me getting off at the wrong train stop, who would've thought that the Esher rugby club isn't in Esher it's in the next town over. Anyways the day started off fairly ruff, it was raining in England. The game itself was ok, I wasn't talking enough to the players and my scrum was a little bit off again. The big things that I wanted to work on for the next game was controlling the engagement more, and also talking more. The next game was really a good game, ended 5-0 with the score coming at the end of the 1st half. My third game was also enjoyable, the players weren't responding to well at the breakdown, but I felt the scrums were much better. My final game was good, I still need to communicate more. All in all the day was good, the feedback given all seemed to be good, and it all will help me in my games to come.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
You'll find a few clubs that aren't where they are named, a lesson of pre planning.

You'll get there, keep up the good work Cody!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
many clubs in London (most?) are not exactly where the name is -- perhaps they were formed >100 years ago, and played on the green or the park... and then at some point in their history they found themselves a proper playing field.

OR perhaps they had a playing field from the start at the edge of their town, then the town gets bigger and they then sell the pitch to a supermarket and move.

crammond1964

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 10
normally the club should contact you at least 24 hours before to confirm match and this is when you ask questions on location and shirt colours etc ! Even though senior clubs have a reserve kit alot have no idea where its kept on a math day . I was lucky enough as an ex player to of played at most grounds .