Sweet Bro

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Exactly Browner...... it's nearly as sad as someone your age saying OMG! :wink:

With kids of 18\15 i've suffered prolonged exposure to that other virus, ''teenageritus " Phil, I'm awaiting a batch of university 'antedote' to hopefully cure me .

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
What's the issue? Y'all just need to take a seat and chillax.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_NiVZAjYUA

It is just me, but why why why is a referee at this level having to micro manage two front rows getting into a position to scrummage, ....... They've done so thousands of times before .....is it his fear of criticism????

In my match, any team who pisses about with niggly positioning awkwardness gets to watch a FK against them unfold , whereby it invariably crystallises their set up compliance at next scrum.

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
"In my match, any team who pisses about with niggly positioning awkwardness gets to watch a FK against them unfold , whereby it invariably crystallises their set up compliance at next scrum."

On what grounds?

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
To compete at the top level in major sports, colleges have to offer several minor sports - my daughter had a diving scholarship. There is a Collegiate Rugby Championship (Sevens) with a TV presence. Are there really no rugby scholarships at all?

Football scholarship: Full ride. Let's call that $35k a year for a decent school.
Rugby scholarship: $1k. At Va Tech, where a full year will cost $25k (assuming in-state rates).

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
"In my match, any team who pisses about with niggly positioning awkwardness gets to watch a FK against them unfold , whereby it invariably crystallises their set up compliance at next scrum."

On what grounds?

Same as unreasonable Lineout pre-huddle procrastinations, "get ready without delay please players" , then when one side doesn't ...... " FK , taking too long"

These little 'games within a game' need curtailing. In the clip JPD is over-occupied dealing with pathetic minutiae IMO, if your happy to encourage it , then that's your choice.

Last match, the 1st scrum that engaged on the "Bind " got a FK awarded, then .... The team I awarded against held back at the next scrum , their opponents didn't ' PeeP, same result ............... Guess what happened next ....yes amazingly they all waited until I said "set" thereafter, and a scrum issue free match followed... (its not rocket science this folks)

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Seems to me you could get there at the first scrum without the drama.

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
Back to the thread title, and to put an end to this, Sweet Bro was wrong. I think, Awesome, Dude would have been better.

talbazar

Referees in Singapore
Post Likes
Back to the thread title, and to put an end to this, Sweet Bro was wrong. I think, Awesome, Dude would have been better.

Loving that :biggrin:

As for the sentence used by CJ, no problem with me. It's all about managing the players...

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes

Barker, I do not know verbatim the stages of death, but avoidance may be in there.

The realization that my hard work to ref and dreams as a player are a flop has led me appreciate my chance to play rugby even more.

It was quite fortunate for me that rugby is a fringe sport, as I would have never gotten to play had any worthwhile athletes been playing.

At least we are not in denial, but don't kid ourselves USA; it is a game for the 5 foot 10's and the never wuz of HS football.

Plus the ABs will probably put 50 on England, that means we are within 25 of the rose

Last edited: