Target Achieved

upnunder

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Just had the letter through confirming that I have been up graded to level 6.

When I started refereeing 4 years ago this was my goal.

My progression has been helped in no small part by the information I read on this forum.
I have picked up no end of tips from other referees, assessors (observers) and coaches on here which I have used to help me improve.

Not sure what the future holds, but I know I need to get a lot of L6 games under my belt before thinking about any further progression.

Upnunder.

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Congratulations! What's your next goal? Are you setting yourself any goals for the season, or some for over the next few months in blocks?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
well done upnunder I know what is involved - a real achievement.

enjoy Level 6, consolidate, gain experience, polish all your skills, plus keep working on communication and management.

Daftmedic

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Round of applause buddy.

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Well done - you might have to change your username to upnup if you keep going higher

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Well done.

Now is a good time to take a long look at what you want out of refereeing. Progression from this point becomes much harder, and requires a level of dedication - perhaps continued dedication would be better, since you must have put lots of work in already. If you want to progress then that effort will continue, and indeed grow.

But if you have the desire, and are willing and able to put in the work, and have support from family / friends and refereeing colleagues, then go and do it.

I won't say good luck - I always find that "luck" is the thing that follows hard work - the more work you put in the luckier you get.

I will say that I hope you continue to enjoy refereeing at whatever level you are "lucky" enough to achieve.