The ball hit by a tent or tree outside the field.

Volun-selected

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I think live ball hits dog is pretty much perfect example of why we might want to use 6.8.b
Especially if said mutt, being rather upset and surprised at being smacked by a ball, sees a player rushing toward them and decides it’s all a bit much and it’s time to get snappy.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
and here we have those angels on a pin. The dog could be stationary (having a kip for 10 minutes),.. Then move elsewhere and have a kip there for ten minutes. so is that sleeping dog a fixed or moving object ?

Last edited:

Not Kurt Weaver

Referees in America
Post Likes
and here we have those angels on a pin. The dog could be stationary (having a kip for 10 minutes),.. Then move elsewhere and have a kip there for ten minutes. so is that sleeping dog a fixed or moving object ?
If dog is sleeping, dog is a moving object; if dog is dead, he is fixed object. It is responsibility of touch judge to determine dead or alive during the game. I read this in my touch judge manual 3rd paragraph, 2nd page. It is a dynamic situation and requires compassion for dead dog possibility

RemainingInTheGame

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1
That is a good question. Is the zombie an anyone? or is the zombie dog? The first zombie is easy, but the zombie dog is not covered in law.
Yes, and if the zombie is a person, are they still a person if they are a robo-zombie, or are only non-AI zombies are considered in the law.

BikingBud

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
If dog is sleeping, dog is a moving object; if dog is dead, he is fixed object. It is responsibility of touch judge to determine dead or alive during the game. I read this in my touch judge manual 3rd paragraph, 2nd page. It is a dynamic situation and requires compassion for dead dog possibility
Is that like Schrödinger's dog?

ianh5979

Referees in England
Post Likes
Surely this one is easy, after being hit by a ball if it moves its alive if it doesn't its dead😆

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Slight thread hijack but how do you get those different emojis other than the like thumbs up? That's all I can get.

BikingBud

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
This is Safari, hover over the (y) or Like and get the block with the 5 options:

Screenshot 2023-08-22 at 12.45.54.png

ianh5979

Referees in England
Post Likes
Slight thread hijack but how do you get those different emojis other than the like thumbs up? That's all I can get.
When you type a reply, on the top line are various icons, smiley face one should give you all you need