The Club Referee Application 1.1.3

fatscally

Post Likes
Hi Guys.
I've just released the latest version of the App. I'm very excited about this release as it transmits your taps on the pitch to the web in a second or less. This means everyone all around the world get play by play updates direct from the Ref on the pitch as they happen.:pepper:

View some sample matches right here... http://www.theclubreferee.com/FindaGame.aspx

I consider the web end of it to be very much a prototype but I hope you'll get a lot of good use out of it as it stands. Updates are already in the making.

Android development is well and truly under way but no release date yet.

Thanks for the support and feedback so far - it's very encouraging!

Ray. :ireland:

1.1.3 Notes:

• Phone actions recorded to the Internet.
  • It's now possible to save a name with a score or card but it is not required.
  • Added Tag Rugby scoring as explained on www.tagrugby.ie
  • Added Rugby League Tackle Reminder (Basic) -Assist referee to remember the last tackle after a lengthy break in play. Does not persist if application is turned off.

Account Deleted

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Again I'll say that, since the larger market is android, chasing the smaller market with developments there and not getting the Android app to market is misguided. You're missing a trick!

fatscally

Post Likes
Hi. I agree Android is King of the mobile market. So a bit more about me... I'm a originally a Windows Application developer starting 15 years ago, later web applications, both usually against SQL Server. At the moment I've just finished up exams for an intense 8 month round of studies of Networking while having a full-time job (not any more :/ ) and some time for a young family. I was reluctant to come to the Smart Phone family but after dropping my last Nokia candybar into a sink of water I said I'd trial one. Options where iPhone4 / Android / Windows Phone. So naturally a Micosoft Developer went with the WP so that I could fidget some code on to it and see if I could make something cool for it. So now....
We have a proof of concept from pitch to web using familiar tools (to me). You guys can try it and get a sense of what's possible. Now the drive is to get it on to the big market shareholders starting with Android (my favourite). However this involves a complete rewrite of the code base from C# to Java, and working on a different Object model (WP to Android). It all takes a lot of time. The last updates on the WP took about 40+ hours effort. And they're 40 tough hours when you've a toddler near permanently calling for your attention.
So trust me Android is eagerly on the way and I'm well aware of it's market base. iPhone will come last because I think it's has stagnated however there's still 600 million of them out there and only a dope would ignore that. Lastly, remember Nintendo? Sega? Atari?... Ever here of an XBox? I wouldn't underestimate Microsoft. The WP will do well if for no other reason than it has Office on it.

Added to the phone work there's the website work, everything from database design to making up graphics and anything else you see.

It's a one man show. All I can say is thanks for you patience and support! If I can swing it I'm going to try a KickStarter project for financial support so I can stay off work until I get all phones done.

So that's it. Android is on the way. Stick with it! ;)

Ray

Account Deleted

Facebook Member
Post Likes
But that's my point! Your time is limited so having got the basic system up an running on "home ground", surely bring all three to that stage before adding to the concept.

fatscally

Post Likes
Yeah I am doing that :)
I just got it to the web which was my Phase 1 target, now I'll fix 1 known bug (done) and 2 minor improvements this morning and then I'm all yours,.. Androids :)

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
The best platform for this app will be one of these smart watches they are all talking about

fatscally

Post Likes
The best platform for this app will be one of these smart watches they are all talking about
I was looking into it. They are also android BUT many of them just bluetooth to your phone that's in your pocket anyway. So I was thinking that kinda defeats the purpose. :/ Also I think when you've just done a 100 yard dash it might be a bit too small for pulsating fingers. but all that's down the line anyway.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-22648777

Pegleg

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 3
This looks a good idea. Anybody got a link for a website or similar? The one quoted above is "under construction".

Last edited: