[6N] Tmo farce

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Also WR need to be consistent here

We could have a system where after every game WR produce a statement saying whether the TMO decisions were correct or not , with reasons and learning points

Or WR could keep it all private

I don't like the current system where WR generally say nothing but then very occasionally finger one unfortunate Tmo as having made a mistake , with no explanation

DocY

Referees in England
Post Likes
Also WR need to be consistent here

We could have a system where after every game WR produce a statement saying whether the TMO decisions were correct or not , with reasons and learning points

Or WR could keep it all private

I don't like the current system where WR generally say nothing but then very occasionally finger one unfortunate Tmo as having made a mistake , with no explanation

To be fair, AFAIK this is only the second time anything like this has happened - the first being with Joubert in the World Cup.

I think WR could afford to be a bit more open about the the debriefing process. I've encountered the perception in the past that their priority is avoiding embarrassment whenever there's a contentious decision.

ChuckieB

Rugby Expert
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
To be fair, AFAIK this is only the second time anything like this has happened - the first being with Joubert in the World Cup.

I think WR could afford to be a bit more open about the the debriefing process. I've encountered the perception in the past that their priority is avoiding embarrassment whenever there's a contentious decision.

Embarrasment for whom?

menace

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Good god ....is this still going?