to whom it may concern

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
The basis on which I offer my services as a qualified Match Observer as a volunteer, is that my assessment report is a private de-brief and document between me and the referee, plus the Grading Committee, and if he has one his Referee Coach.

If that report is published in the public domain or to others, with just the referee's comments (ands so a one-sided monologue), in DaveT language I may consider withdrawing my labour.

Once you join a Society you are bound by its constitution and operating principles - if you break them, expect to suffer the consequences.

Simon,

Over here the other coaches can see our reports and we will share out reports with fellow referees as well. Including both our personal review of the game as well as the coaches comments. Does this not happen over there?

I am talking here about the Premier Grade referees in Melbourne when I say we share them. Although I will share my reports with anyone who asks for them, whether they be a 20 year veteran or a 2 week newbie, in a way to discuss different parts of the game or assist in their own development. I imagine the coaches do the same, I know I have had coaching sessions with my coach and a couple of other participants as they wanted to learn more about coaches.

tim White

Referees in England
Post Likes
I will always tell any referee what I saw in today's game and write that down for everyone to read. It is a Snapshot, nothing else. It is always intended to make the referee better. It is always to be taken 'with a pinch of salt' to allow for variations in the game, the assessor, the weather etc -but if you see a pattern developing.....?

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
In general , we ask players to accept our interpretation of all play, so surely we should accept the assessors interpretation . . . . . One thing has become apparent since I joined this site . . . . most contributors believe they were right most of the time, even when others disagree
:wink: