Toulon v Clermont Final

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
Evenin' OB..

Well they are Domestic regulations, intended to limits the number of overseas players here in France.
Top 14 clubs are trying "to muddy the waters" by having over-seas players registered as JiFF.
Enter the Armitage brothers ; though born in Trinidad, they grew up in the south of France & played 3 years for Rugby Nice Côte d'Azur Université-Racing, long before Steffon got his England call-up.

World Rugby it seems doesn't intend to let that affect the International scene. They wish to redefine eligibility rules : Guardian article

reference to Sevens at Olympic Games said:
If a player looking to change allegiances plays in fewer than four Olympic events, he will be in international limbo, no longer eligible for the country he was originally capped by, nor the nation he was looking to represent.
which in return refers to this earlier article :
the Guardian said:
Under a qualification loophole created by rugby’s renewed Olympic status, he could be eligible to play for Les Bleus in next year’s Six Nations if he first represents France at sevens.
I suggest Mr. Steffon Armitage brush up on his "track and field" abilities, if he hopes to get thru' that loophole.

Last edited:

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I understand that Steffon has already turned down trying to use that loophole?

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
To be honest I have no idea OB.. what he intends to do, or not to do. Over paid & over here! + Wish he wasn't. Even if Steffon doesn't play for France the problem still exists, & not just in France either.

Scott Spedding RSA capped 7 times chez les Bleus
Uini Atonio NZ (Samoan parents) also 7 caps for France
Rory Kockott RSA capped 7 times chez les Bleus

WR intends to end it there, so we don't have to have silly discussion about eligibility.

Is he French? Non, then he cannot play for France XV, end off. (Please don't anhybody start about passports, or double nationality, pretty please.)

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
Several more of the French players, actually come from the South Sea Islands

It's proven lucrative Fishing in that pond, others exploited it first, I can't remember who exactly :confused: , but other nations/clubs have entered the race for the juvenile PI rugby athlete, but that's pro sport for you.

As for the future, imagine the genes of an Olympic gold sprinter joining with those of worlds strongest woman via sperm bank system, I doubt it'll ever take off !