Tournament Final

tevisv

Referees in America
Post Likes
I had the pleasure of running the grand final of this year's Savannah St Patrick's Tournament, one of the largest XVs tournaments held in the States. Featuring 8 pitches and 80 teams, we went on the hour every hour from 8 to 5 on Saturday and then 8:30 to the 1:30 with the 2:30 final on Sunday (3/13). Needless to say, there was a lot of rugby for all to be had and enjoyed.

Honestly, I'm walking on cloud 9 today after my run. It was in front of several assessors, including one of our top guys. The smile on his face and the debrief afterwards was very rewarding. In the end, the Cinicinnati Wolfhounds (top 16 D1 side) defeated the US Air Force Select side (would be a top 16 D1 side) 22-17 in a cracker jack. It was fast, fun and like I said earlier, very rewarding.

However, the highlight of this appointment came from a USAF player. As told to me by a friend, he ran into an Air Force guy at the airport and asked about the match. He said, "The frigging ref must have slept with law book as he didn't let a damn thing go. He got us for anything and everything that was close or in the grey area. Man, that guy was tough."

ExHookah

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
Glad to see you got the final, and glad to see you handled USAF well. I had them in the Armed Forces National Championship Final two years ago, and they will cheat as much as you let them!

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
:wow: He knew about the Law Book!!!!!