Try of the tournament

tevisv

Referees in America
Post Likes
So, just a thought ladies and gentlemen, what try do you rate as the best so far? A lot has been said about Sea Bass and his romp against Namibia, but what about Zee burning Habana on the outside in Sunday's USA v RSA match?

PeterH

Referees in England
Post Likes
For me - even taking into account the oppo - the Japanese try has been the best especially as it was scored against the Welsh

But sad to say - the US one was pretty good and certainly got the crowd on their feet
It was also nice to see Habana get his face slammed when he tried to wipe out the guy too!

Mat 04

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
anyone got a link to this USA one please guys?

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
i enjoyed Portugal's try against New Zealand, mainly for the reaction of the players. but if you're looking for opportunism, offloading in the tackle and looking for space, I'd go for the Japanese one vs Wales.

ExHookah

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
USA vs SA. First try from USA, by the winger who's name i'm not going to even attempt.

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
It was a brillinat individual effort, but I still prefer the Japanese team try scored by Endo - and that name is easier to remember than Ngwenya!

ExHookah

Post Likes
Individual? Todd Clever made the initial break from deep inside his own 22 and brought it out to his own 10m line. Then there were a number of well timed passes to get the ball out to Ngwenya.

PeterH

Referees in England
Post Likes
The 2nd row impressed me too with his pass...

I have to say that Todd Clever must also be looking for a contract after that tournament

ExHookah

Post Likes
I have to say that Todd Clever must also be looking for a contract after that tournament

I agree, he's had a cracking tournament, but that's not a surprise as he's that good of a player. I'd love to see him playing in England, but I suspect he might be interested in heading back to NZ to pick up with North Harbor again.

PeterH

Referees in England
Post Likes
Mexted mentioned he had spent a fair bit of time there...

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Perhaps his spell in NZ explains why he can't pronounce his own name properly. I understand he pronounces "clever" as "cleaver".

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Individual? Todd Clever made the initial break from deep inside his own 22 and brought it out to his own 10m line. Then there were a number of well timed passes to get the ball out to Ngwenya.
Fair enough - oversimplification.

However I found the speed, accuracy, and co-ordination of the Japanese breakout quite extraordinary.

Rew15

Referees in England
Post Likes
A close call between the two.
I hadn't seen the USA V SA match but saw the try on youtube and it's great to see the winger leave Habana in the dirt. So for me that wins.
Let's hope the English wingers took note on how he angled his run in then took him on the outside rather than look for the tackle an ssslllooowwww recycled ball.