W. Leeds 1st v Huddersfield YMCA 1st

upnunder

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Morning All,

After being let down late last week, and having no game, my society has been good enough to get me another exchange appointment this Saturday.

Have any of the Yorkshire referees done either of these teams before. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
Yorkshire 2 match so level 8.

Huddersfield YMCA are 2nd.
West Leeds are 11th.

I've not done any of these teams so can't help you any further.

Maybe Andy Scott or LLP can help?

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
never refereed west leeds.

My prediction, YMCA by 40 points. They beat them by about 30 points early in the season.

If they play like they can, they will try and throw the ball around play quite open game.
Capt is useless if they start and conceed scores, cant take the pressure and try and put it on you.

Last time I refereed them, was 1 YC for dissent, and 1 YC for repeat infringements.

do you know who your assessor is? when you do let me know and I will see if they have any tips in my book.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Never done either either eh?

I would expect to be quite one sided as the top are very good and the bottom quite poor in some cases.

Enjoy it.

Let us know how you get on.

Be prepared for better than your "local team in the valley" certainly from YMCA

ExHookah

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
I recall that they faced off for the Tetley Vase in 1998, because I was with Slough that year and we lost a tight one to West Leeds in the semi final. Gutting experience.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
I recall that they faced off for the Tetley Vase in 1998, because I was with Slough that year and we lost a tight one to West Leeds in the semi final. Gutting experience.
Slough Berks? The home of The Office? Surely not!

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Indeed! I played for them in the late 90's, even got paid some win bonuses there.
I finished my career there after returning from Canada, and failing to check the local clubs well enough. Tamblyn Fields remains my nearest local club - struggling these days.

ExHookah

Argentina Referees in Argentina
Post Likes
I finished my career there after returning from Canada, and failing to check the local clubs well enough. Tamblyn Fields remains my nearest local club - struggling these days.

It seems they never recovered from my departure from the club.