Wales to play on a Friday Night

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
You can't say they haven't given you plenty of notice. Anyway there can't be that much going on in Wales on a Friday night!

Just out of interest how long does it take to get a coracle across the English Channel?

Last edited:

Cymro

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Just out of interest how long does it take to get a coracle across the English Channel?

Phil,
Therein lies the problem, I only get use of the villages coracle on alternate fridays and so I'd have no chance of getting there in time, especially as I'd be leaving via the Menai Strait, being at the top end of Wales :)

Cymro

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Assuming he crossed at the narrowest point (22 miles) he averaged 1.63mph (1.87 knots) If I left from Menai Bridge and went to the closest point in France (Roscoff) by the most direct route its about 360miles so if I was as adept as Mr Thomas and could keep going it would take approx 221 hrs (excluding benefit/hinderance from wind/tide) thats about 9 days and 5 hrs. Even then I would only be in brittany without transport. You appreciate my problem:)

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Even then I would only be in brittany without transport. You appreciate my problem:)

They have rivers in France, or you can put your coracle on your back and walk. You need to do some more calculations.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
But seriously, it would serve them right if they played in front of an empty stadium. WHo benefits from this joke?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8