Waybe Barnes Yellow Card Sexton 10

Andy P

Player or Coach
Post Likes
No way Sexton could have rolled away in that instance and if Barnes wasn't 100% sure, he could have just given penalty and warning. He could have also giving a decent advantage to Wales and see what came from that - but no. Straight to the card. Why not even try and advantage when you are that close to the line.

Wales gave away 3 penalties in strong attacking positions and didn't give one. This for me was the turning point of the match and sorry - thought it wasn't the right call.

I have to say, this sort of comment coming from someone who referees I find quite lame. WB is absolutely certain in his actions. There is no suggestion that he wasn't 100% sure. If you make a few decisions in your games that you are only 99% sure of I take it you will not blow the whistle at all?? Some people on this site have a complete fit if a coach (who may well be qualified) suggest a decision may not be entirely correct but if the result doesn't go your way, you act exactly like the coaches you complain about.

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Being certain in your decision and being correct are two entirely separate things.

AlanT

Referees in England
Post Likes
You can't be 100% certain in all decisions.

Is that one of your decisions that is 100% right or is it one of the other ones?

:eek:)