Wendyball referee punched.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Our game is going this way if we do not stop this trend of blaming the ref for everything!

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
And, in the "related articles" section...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-15326454

I remember taking an FA coaching course at a local sports centre. There was a match going on one Sunday on another pitch. At full-time they chased the referee about 200 yards back to the clubhouse and he was then assaulted. That's pretty much the moment when I thought "you know, I really don't want anything more to do with this sport", except with more four-letter words in.

woody

Referees in America
Post Likes
Our game is going this way if we do not stop this trend of blaming the ref for everything!

Not just blaming the ref, the general drop in sportsmanship.

This weekend, blue made a nice kick from a penalty that went out about 10m out and continued to roll past the DBL. The green winger trotted after the ball. He was in the process of picking it up when he realized it was a blue throw so he left it there. Blue asked for the ball and the green winger gave some smart a$$ comment and refused. He moaned when I said he should keep the sportsmanship up.

Pull that crap in basketball or soccer, but it is not needed here.

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
Heard about this on 606 the football phone in. To be fair the reaction was of genuine disgust. The club has reacted well ( well as well as it could be.

Has the player been arrested?