[Law] WHat sanction for coaches coming onto the pitch?

Zebra1922

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
I am seeing increasing issues with coaches coming into the playing area when not permitted. There are lots of times they leave the technical area, this I can deal with (if it repeats) by removing them from the playing enclosure. Is that the only sanction to me if a coach comes on the pitch as well?

Also, what sanctions are available for substitutes who get involved in off field scuffles of cause problems with celebrations in the in goal area. Can you RC a substitute (and if so I presume the team stays at 15 but loses a sub?

ianh5979

Referees in England
Post Likes
yes you are right you can red card the sub, they stay at 15 but lose a sub (i have done this )

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I am seeing increasing issues with coaches coming into the playing area when not permitted. There are lots of times they leave the technical area, this I can deal with (if it repeats) by removing them from the playing enclosure. Is that the only sanction to me if a coach comes on the pitch as well?

you can write a report about what happened and submit it to your society.

Here's lots of sound advice from London Society -- no doubt all the forms will be different in Scotland, but I imagine the principles will be the same, and you can get advice from your society

https://www.londonrugby.com/discipline

Pinky

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes

Also, what sanctions are available for substitutes who get involved in off field scuffles of cause problems with celebrations in the in goal area. Can you RC a substitute (and if so I presume the team stays at 15 but loses a sub?

Zebra, if you get to the stage of sending a coach away from the playing enclosure, you should complete a match official abuse form with the details - the abuse is that they did not respect the authority of the referee - and that will be taken forward by Scottish Rugby - there will be a hearing and the coach can expect a reprimand or a touchline ban. The forms are on the WTR system. Just make sure you are clear in your report when you asked him to leave the pitch and not re-enter without your permission, when he did it again and when you sent him from the playing enclosure.