What watch to choose for christmas

Wolrabs

ELRA/Club Referee
Post Likes
Hi,

I am getting a new watch for christmas, lucky boy that I am, and wondered what the best choice is.

I have been considering the Casio Sport RFT-100-2VER Phys Referee/Multi-Sport Watch.

Does anybody else have any suggestions.

Cheers

Sean

4eyesbetter

Referees in England
Post Likes
If you can find somewhere that's still selling the RFT-100, go for it, and then tell me so I can get hold of a spare. Can't recommend it enough.

ckuxmann

Referees in America
Post Likes
What type of price range do you have?
And also what do you want it to do?

Cody

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
If you can find somewhere that's still selling the RFT-100, go for it, and then tell me so I can get hold of a spare. Can't recommend it enough.
Do you mean one like THIS? :wink:

I was looking for one of these last year (I couldn't find one at the time) so ended up buying a Casio G-Shock. The G-Shock really is a brilliant watch, if only it had a vibrate facility, it would be perfect.

Last edited:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Or this at Amazon.co.uk - only one left, so you'll ahve to fight among yourselves. Let us know how that turnss out.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Boxed-product Weight: 998 g

A 1kg watch :wow: :wow:

Wolrabs

ELRA/Club Referee
Post Likes
MY budget is about £45 and yes that is the watch I am looking at. Can't believe it is going so fast on Amazon!

Bunniksider

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I bought the Casio via Amazon in September.

The supplier was Sendercity from Stanmore Middlesex on 0844 8040707

Hope this helps.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Is it any good?
I have two, and I think they are great. Plastics straps don't last forever, and they have to be sent to Casio for replacement at a cost of aboout £18. Most reasonable (and often much cheaper) digital watches will do many of the functions equally well. IMO you need a countdown timer that will go from 7 minute halves to 40 minute halves, and at the same time it helps if you can see the current time, have some way of timing sin bins and/or blood bins (the latter less necessary as you can use real time rather than game time) and perhaps also keep a running stopwatch going. The RFT-100 can do all that, but most of choose to simplify matters by wearing two watches. By so doing, you can get two much cheaper watches, which will each do the things you reserve for that wrist.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Is it any good?

I have 3 RFT 100's. Had two, lost one, bought another, found the lost one:rolleyes:

Brilliant watches. Don't use anything else if you can afford them.

Wolrabs

ELRA/Club Referee
Post Likes
Got one for christmas and had lots of fun playing with it. Can't wait to use it properly!