Where are you this week-end??? 2012-2013

macleod33

Referees in Finland
Post Likes
Back from my local derby 1st against 2nd (2nd XV federal 3 - 5th division -3rd amateur division)
Floirac v Mérignac
Score 6-14 (0-3 at half time)
A fantastic match!! both teams wanted to play, no foul play, no cards (not even a white!), excellent scrums, respectful players and listened-to captains. Just great!!
A few stats :
1st half :
distance : 3.1 km
average speed : 4.5 km/h
top speed : 27.5 km/h
2nd half :
distance : 2.8 km
average speed : 4.1 km/h
top speed : 27 km/h

macleod33

Referees in Finland
Post Likes
Yet another derby, still in Federal 3 (2nd XV) :
Libourne v Stade Foyen
The local team is managed by an ex-pro (David Banquet - RC Toulon) and has many foreign players (1st XV). These last few weeks, they've been trying to get hold of another ex-pro for Bordeaux who was sacked by his club for various reasons. If the FFR allows the transfer, he can only play in the 2nd XV side. If that's the case, my match should be interesting.
For info, last year, they tried to persuade David Merthens to sign, but he went to Béziers (I think).

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Under 17 County trials this Sunday.

If it goes ahead they want me to wear a camera and microphone for training purposes.
The camera is about the size of your finger and hooks over your ear, so looks where you look.

I agreed to the camera provided I can get a copy of the video.

Should be interesting.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Yet another derby, still in Federal 3 (2nd XV) :
Libourne v Stade Foyen
The local team is managed by an ex-pro (David Banquet - RC Toulon) and has many foreign players (1st XV). These last few weeks, they've been trying to get hold of another ex-pro for Bordeaux who was sacked by his club for various reasons. If the FFR allows the transfer, he can only play in the 2nd XV side. If that's the case, my match should be interesting.
For info, last year, they tried to persuade David Merthens to sign, but he went to Béziers (I think).

Do you mean Andrew Mehrtens?

I saw AM (in the paper) signed for Beziers the day before before their pre-season "friendly" against Carcassone a couple of years ago. It was hoped he'd play but no - I assume he did turn up. My French is not that good that I couldn't swear if the headline didn't say Mehrtens doesn't sign for ASBH. :biggrin:

17 Euro for 4 of us to watch a Rugby match - Vive la France!!!

Last edited:

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
My game is off this week, and with not being available next week I now have some time away for the match sharpness to drop off!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Under 17 County trials this Sunday.

If it goes ahead they want me to wear a camera and microphone for training purposes.
The camera is about the size of your finger and hooks over your ear, so looks where you look.

Game off :sad:
Hope the snow goes by next week, exchange on the cards.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
Game on!! been rearranged to my home town to avoid travelling, a few games have survived here in Sunny cumbria, not a fllake of snow here in Barrow-in-Furness

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
My joy was short lived. visitors refused to play saying a couple of areas in the middle of the pitch were too hard..
Not my call so game off though I did ask why don't you at least warm up on it as the 10% of the pitch that was a little hard would be broken up by 30 guys running on it for 5 minutes but they didn't want to so that was it.
Pity as the soccer were playing on and adjacent pitch and we call that wendy ball!!

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
was it any harder than in september?

macleod33

Referees in Finland
Post Likes
isn't it upto the referee to decide whether or not the pitch is OK? If the ref says OK and a team doesn't want to play, then it's match lost for them? At least that's the law in France.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
isn't it upto the referee to decide whether or not the pitch is OK? If the ref says OK and a team doesn't want to play, then it's match lost for them? At least that's the law in France.

we have had a lot of threads about this.
if a team decides the pitch is unsafe and they are not playing, there is no need for the ref to offer an opinion, and he is best advised to keep quiet.

The ref comes into it only if both teams say they WILL play. The ref can then decide to go ahead or - a la Dave Pearson in France - take responsibility and call it off.

Ciaran Trainor

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I did offer to make the call after the game had started but that was declined.
The funniest part of it was some guys said half the team were self employed so didn't want to risk injury and not make work monday.
I would seriously advise giving up rugby a sport where you do pick up the odd knock!!

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Are you unfeasibly tall, or was there a dwarf playing in green?

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
The only photo available from my last match.
View attachment 2524

Are you tall or is it a Munchkin league?

Apologies - I took ages to write that and now I've seen SimonSmith's post.

- - - Updated - - -

This weekend I will probably not be refeeeing Hullensians vs Yarnbury in Yorks Div 2.

Thaw is due soon but probably not soon enough. You never know.

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
back to 'where are you this weekend' - I have an out-of-the-ordinary Sunday this week :at the Lexus National Schools tournament. South Eastern region. U13s.

OK, OK, I won't be mxing with Wayne Barnes, and I have a long way to go before I get invited on to the National Panel, but hey! a gig's a gig .... and we are promised meal and drinks vouchers :) (but not, unfortunately, a Lexus)