Where are you this week-end??? 2012-2013

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
My only MArch fixture (sure more will come) Sutton & Epsom v London Cornish L7 league match
That's presumably 1st XV? I don't think 2nd XV's can go higher than L.8 in RFU leagues. Surprised to hear such a large club is only playing at L.7 - the Pennyfarthings were always tough games when I was at Esher.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Go BFG - I'm sure we all want to read the report...

Best i don't fcuk it up, as i'm sure a lot from this site will read the clubs reports due to their history, although i have it on good authority that the man in question has been put right about his report writing :wink:

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Best i don't fcuk it up, as i'm sure a lot from this site will read the clubs reports due to their history, although i have it on good authority that the man in question has been put right about his report writing :wink:

What ever you do don't, repeat don't keep the score & all will be well ;)

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
And YC everyone called Severence (or something like that) :pepper:

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
What are the chances that a sickly sweet match report about the incredible referee has already been written!

macleod33

Referees in Finland
Post Likes
Back from Blaye (U17 match). Locals win 53-7. Everybody in excellent spirit, splendid weather.
My stats :
1st half : 2nd half :
distance : 2.6 km 2.6 km
average speed : 4.3 km/h 4.3 km/h
top speed : 24 km/h 25 km/h

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
i got a text this morning from one of my club refs (18 years old, level 11+1) who was doing an u16 game at my club as a London appointment, asking whether i'd like to come and see how well he's progressed. he also offered me a lift to and from the club, so i couldn't really refuse.

he was outstanding. filthy conditions, but he managed to facilitate a game of rugby out of it.

when i got home, i got a text from another one of my refs (aged 16) who i had sent to another club (kind of an exchange programme). he thoroughly enjoyed his U14 game, and i also got good feedback from my counterpart at the home club.

finally, one of my club refs had his second appointment through the Essex society yesterday. he's old though, so i won't mention his name :)

good weekend all round for for the CRFC Referee Association!

Toby Warren

Referees in England
Post Likes
That's presumably 1st XV? I don't think 2nd XV's can go higher than L.8 in RFU leagues. Surprised to hear such a large club is only playing at L.7 - the Pennyfarthings were always tough games when I was at Esher.

It was their ones. Sutton are near the top. LC mid to lower.

Game was pulled at 10:30 Sat morning - pitches waterlogged.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Well the report's in, website and assesor, no mention on the website and the intro from the assessment reads:

A very good pre-match brief was backed up by firm reinforcement in the first 10 mins of play. BFG set and maintained very high standards all afternoon and very quickly gained a rapport with the players, this lead to a mutual level of respect throughout. There was no doubt that he was both confident and comfortable from the outset. The game was strewn with non-material errors and therefore his highly effective use of advantage ensured the game remained fluent and entertaining whilst also retaining control. He quickly gained the respect of all players, coaches and the crowd, maintaining his rapport and a smile until the end. As the match appeared to progress into totally one way traffic, BFG managed to maintain control and ensured no one allowed their potential frustration to manifest itself into foul play or violence

However they are still talking about the time they were "blown off the field" by the ref on first name terms a few months back that could have cost them the league!

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
L8 cup game this weekend, nice chance for a run around as one side is flowing at the minute!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Sheffield Uni II v Sheffield Hallam Uni II - maybe!!!!???

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
This Saturday I have a league game and can gaurantee it will finish on time, so I can be in the bar at 5pm to watch England.

Next Saturday I am off to referee some cheeky chirpy cockney types........well NW London. Not sure about the game I am getting (looking at the league tables), but the incoming exchange has a top of the table league decider....lucky bugger.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Assessing.

For calibration to be a Territorial Assessor.

The weather forecast is, to be honest, a bit shit.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Simon, doesn't the sun always shine on the righteous?
:biggrin:

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Yes.

That's why I have a dark cloud permanently over me.