Where are you this weekend? 2014/15

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
school game for me, nice warm up before match of the season next week!

This week is Millfield v Welsh Academicals College, any of you boyo's the other side of the bridge want to give me the heads up on these guys? Their website gives some good pedigree, but it looks as though it's an invitation side so I'm guessing lacking structure on the pitch??

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Let me ask you this, should it matter where the referee is based if they are the best available for the appointment no matter how close others maybe especially down in the South West/East of the country where the bulk of military Units are?

The majority of fixtures I do when selected for appointment are mainly down in the South so its a normal journey for myself. As it stands in Scotland there are 3 teams currently in the league setup, one of those being my own Unit, so that cuts the options down to 2 teams.

On your basis of staying local I would only ever referee the same 2 teams.................. :shrug:

These games are part of the 12 given to the Navy by the Army as part of the exchange service referee program....stand down the snipers.

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Plan this weekend - My only night of Refreshers I can drink in tonight - Grizedale College v County College on Campus :D
Saturday - gonna go down and play in some Touch Rugby
Sunday - Preston Grasshoppers Ladies v West Park Ladies - Last 16 of the Ladies Intermediate Cup

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
My last exam is on Monday, then I'll be going a bit crazy!

Do you want me to be a smug first year or not??

No Exams :D

I have a Rugby League training session on Monday. How do I play again?

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
I have a Rugby League training session on Monday. How do I play again?

Page 1.

Anyone that runs slightly toward you , tip them up & onto their head or smash them across the throat/chin area, if someone's already been tackled then drop your forearm across the windpipe & push your palm in the face as you get up ......

Page 2.
Run back 10 occasionally ....

Oh... .PS....... Not to the referee !

:biggrin:

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
Page 1.

Anyone that runs slightly toward you , tip them up & onto their head or smash them across the throat/chin area, if someone's already been tackled then drop your forearm across the windpipe & push your palm in the face as you get up ......

Page 2.
Run back 10 occasionally ....

Oh... .PS....... Not to the referee !

:biggrin:

Well if I have any bones left in my body after that then I will let you know ;)

Owen Bisto Taylor

Facebook Member
Post Likes
10942430_10152467158001353_4209379142998693061_n-2.jpg
Thought i'd better capture the moment, a sunny NON-RAINY day in Upton-Upon-Severn!

Next weekend sees another exchange to Burntwood v Willenhall (if anyone knows which league this is that's help!)

WombleRef

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 9
What a game! Preston Ladies v West Park Ladies r - So Level 10 v Level 7/8?

Final score was 50-0 to the higher tier side, but the lower side didn't give up. Preston played the best I have ever seen them, and West Park had to go through a good 7,8,9 phases just go over the whitewash most of the time.

I'm knackered after sprinting quite a bit!

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Cleanly torn my calf today at an U16 game. Crutches, rehab and end of my season. Gutted!

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
This weekend L8 (Yorkshire 2)

Leeds Medics and Dentists v Leodiensians (Leeds)

Basement battle.

winchesterref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
Have the MRI'd the Gastrocnemius? [h=1][/h]

On the cards. My (professional) opinion is a grade 2 tear. The worrying sign from yesterday when checked over pitch side was a complete absence of pain when it happened, just a shocking sensation of something running up my leg and bunching at the top just under my knee, and the lack of movement in my ankle. Further inspection and ice/compression/elevation at home shows intact Achilles' and active contraction in the lateral head. This morning the medial head is sagging and flaccid but there is active plantar flexion.