[Scrum] Who got the yellow card ? (no googling!)

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
View attachment 3483

context: left hand picture's binds and elbows are the same as when the ref called "set", standing on that side

Ref has followed ball around and is near #8 at the time of these two pictures, which are about ten seconds apart

didds

Last edited:

ChrisR

Player or Coach
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Select Grade
If the left hand pic is at "Set" then I'd YC the ref for not re-setting this one.

Using the line on the pitch as reference both solids & stripes are boring in but more so solids. Stripes has made himself vulnerable by putting his head in solid's chest and letting his elbow drop.

My guess is stripes got the card as he is losing his bind and is about to nose dive. Also, my guess is it's solids feed (ref calls it from ops side) so YCing stripes is almost a given.

If I'm right about all points above then it's a fine example of the ludicrous calls we are getting from scrums.

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
While I can bee that Blue 1 has dropped his bind in the right photo, Black 3 has already turned in and is boring in in the left photo. I would PK Black 3, but I'll bet Blue 1 got the YC.

ETA: And I agree with ChrisR. The ref should never have allowed this scrum to continue with Black 3 positioned like that at the "set"

Last edited:

thepercy

Referees in America
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 1

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
White #19 didn't release ball after being tackled. Double movement!