WR Law Exam - not updated for May 2018 amends?

Jason R

Referees in Scotland
Post Likes
Just been working my way through the WR Law Exam again, and it seems it hasn't been updated for the May 2018 amendments.

Here is a question on Law 21: In-goal

The attacking team kicks the ball towards the goal-line. A defender with one foot on the goal line picks up the ball which was in motion within the field of play and grounds the ball in-goal. What should the referee rule?
* 5 metre scrum, attacking team's put-in​
* 5 metre scrum, defending team's put-in​
* A 22 drop-out​

Now based on the May 2018 amends, I assumed in this case a combination of 21.13/21.14 and 19.1 would apply, and it would be '5 metre scrum, attacking team's put-in'.

[LAWS]21.13 If any part of a defending player is in in-goal, that player is considered to be in in-goal, provided they are not also in touch or on or over the dead-ball line.
21.14 If a player, who is in in-goal, catches or picks up a ball that is still in the field of play, that player has taken the ball into in-goal.[/LAWS]
[LAWS]19.1
Infringement/Stoppage: The ball is taken into in-goal by the defending team and made dead.
Location of scrum: In the scrum zone at the point closest to where the ball was made dead.
Who throws in: The attacking team.[/LAWS]
However this answer is marked as incorrect.
Screenshot 2018-07-10 21.57.35.jpg

The correct answer the exam is expecting is 'A 22 drop-out'.
Screenshot 2018-07-10 22.11.11.jpg

Am I right that the correct ruling should now be '5 metre scrum, attacking team's put-in'?

Last edited: