Yorkshire exchange

upnunder

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Off to do York v Castleford this weekend.
Has anyone got any advice on either side ahead of my trip

beckett50

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
The National Rail Museum is worth a look, and the York one way system is a bitch. ;)

RLRef1984

Referees in England
Post Likes
Are you any good at catching mice, if so go round to my York residence (ok shared house) and get rid of my mice whilst I stay at my parents

Adam

Referees in England
Post Likes
Castleford are down with nothing to play for. I'm not refereeing that high a level yet so cannot give you specifics. Try yorkshirerugby.net/index.php for some stuff from the players themselves.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Castleford have shipped over/nearly 100pts in each of their last 3 or 4 matches and are enduring some painful death throes in Yorkshire 1.

Have lots of pencils with lots of lead. Possibly the main danger is that Cas say enough is enough and decide to stem the tide by fair means or foul!!??!??!?!?!?!

York have nothing to play for and may use it to blood (gulp) some 2nd teamers. If they use it as a day in the sun it could be a massive score!!!!!!!

You can pop round and help my mam and dad with some gardening if you like. If you like shopping it's good and if you like real ale it's good. Railway museum is good but you won't have time to see much. There was a "London Eye" wheel due to be re-erected but I'm not sure if it's up yet. Minster is nice if you like huge Gothic Cathedrals.

York have delusions of grandeur but their club house is falling to bits although they seem to be rebuilding slowly. Don't forget anything when you go out it's a walk to and from clubhouse. Nice beer small carpark - get there early. They did have baths once but I think they've gone.

Cas supporters (at home especially so maybe ok) are very forthright!?!??!?!?!?!:wow:

Last edited:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Watch out as you go past Sheffield.....the M1 is cobbled from there on up.

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Another thing. If you intend going straight to the club.

Don't go through town it is a pain in the arse if you don't know it.

Come M1 to and past Leeds and on to A1 (it merges together you don't turn off) for a mile or so. Come off A1 and on to A64 J44 (head York not Leeds:biggrin:)
A64 past Tadcaster (you'll see the brewery) to A1237 (York Western Ring Road)
A1237 for about 5 miles over a few Roundabouts to A19 (Road to Thirsk)
Turn right at this roundabout and head back into York still on A19

Club is about a mile down there on right hand side. If you get to Clifton Green Traffic Lights you've gone too far.

A decent Sat Nav should take you that way but make sure your route isn't through the city centre.

Last edited:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Come M1 to and past Leeds and on to A1 (it merges together you don't turn off) for a mile or so. Come off A1 and on to A64 J44 (head York not Leeds:biggrin:)
A64 past Tadcaster (you'll see the brewery) to A1237 (York Western Ring Road)
A1237 for about 5 miles over a few Roundabouts to A19 (Road to Thirsk)
Turn right at this roundabout and head back into York still on A19

What a shambles!!**

** d'ya see what I did there?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Oooh me sides have split! :biggrin:

You've taken "Pasty Gate" to heart and tried to eat as many as you can, before the price hike haven't you?

Just make sure you get them from a shop that actually exists!

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Clifton used to be renowned as the place where the loonies were kept - then we all got politically correct and put them into care in the community and never used the word again - but still seems an appropriate destination for a ref...:)

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Clifton used to be renowned as the place where the loonies were kept - then we all got politically correct and put them into care in the community and never used the word again - but still seems an appropriate destination for a ref...:)

The old Clifton Hospital is still next to York's ground.

Regarding Care in the Community I believe some of Yorkshire's Loonies were rehoused in Hampshire! :biggrin::wink:

Last edited:

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Talking of which I've not seen a post from Deeps in ages!

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
He's decompressing.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
LL-P - nah escaped and went underground posing as a rugby ref for years without anyone noticing...

upnunder

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Castleford have shipped over/nearly 100pts in each of their last 3 or 4 matches and are enduring some painful death throes in Yorkshire 1.

Have lots of pencils with lots of lead. Possibly the main danger is that Cas say enough is enough and decide to stem the tide by fair means or foul!!??!??!?!?!?!

York have nothing to play for and may use it to blood (gulp) some 2nd teamers. If they use it as a day in the sun it could be a massive score!!!!!!!

You can pop round and help my mam and dad with some gardening if you like. If you like shopping it's good and if you like real ale it's good. Railway museum is good but you won't have time to see much. There was a "London Eye" wheel due to be re-erected but I'm not sure if it's up yet. Minster is nice if you like huge Gothic Cathedrals.

York have delusions of grandeur but their club house is falling to bits although they seem to be rebuilding slowly. Don't forget anything when you go out it's a walk to and from clubhouse. Nice beer small carpark - get there early. They did have baths once but I think they've gone.

Cas supporters (at home especially so maybe ok) are very forthright!?!??!?!?!?!:wow:

Thanks LLP, when the fixture secretary rang to confirm the game, he did say that they have targeted this as the game to try and get 100 points, so it might be a bit of a bleep test for me.

upnunder

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Finished 92-10 to York, assessor was happy with me though