You can't have two pods

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
I am glad it wasn't just me that thought this was wrong.
Thanks everyone for confirming my thoughts.

See the comments under the video.

That's just someone wanting to find any excuse to blow his whistle.

Dickie E

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Just to be clear - feet leaving the ground before the ball leaves the hand is illegal - and manage by reminding at the pmb, and even at the first LO...

whether you include in PMB is up to you. I wouldn't because I have more important things that I want them to remember and comply with.

I wouldn't even address it til I saw it happen. Blue throw, Blue do dummy jump with feet off ground, Red respond with lifted player, Blue throw it in crooked to avoid the player in the air, "ref, ref, they went early!" ... Peep. "OK knuckleheads, lets do it again and do it proper-like this time".

Nigib

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
whether you include in PMB is up to you. I wouldn't because I have more important things that I want them to remember and comply with.

I wouldn't even address it til I saw it happen. Blue throw, Blue do dummy jump with feet off ground, Red respond with lifted player, Blue throw it in crooked to avoid the player in the air, "ref, ref, they went early!" ... Peep. "OK knuckleheads, lets do it again and do it proper-like this time".

I usually do the LO PMB at the first LO, rather than before the match, as they then supposedly don't have any excuse. Depending on level, I may stop the first one as well and do the "knucklehead" reminder. Never had anyone point out the other side have gone early, as they all watch tv and expect to be allowed to do it in their game. 1st scrum often the same - peep, "c'mon lads, we've just done this in the brief - you've both managed to not bind/feed/preengage/foot up/push early... this is your warning..."

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
i'd agree that including in the PMB starts to make the PMB a bit long... but then again the issue with doing it at the first lineout means the subs that come on an hour later haven't heard it, and you can't use the "we talked about this earlier" line - because you haven't with that person.

didds

Nigib

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7
i'd agree that including in the PMB starts to make the PMB a bit long... but then again the issue with doing it at the first lineout means the subs that come on an hour later haven't heard it, and you can't use the "we talked about this earlier" line - because you haven't with that person.

didds

:) it's always a balance - I do expect a bit of communication between players, and at least talking loudly to the front of the LO means more of the pack get to hear something - I rarely find myself doing a PMB to a whole team, and always try and make it as short as I possibly can.