zut alors joel est le chef d'equipe....

B52 REF

Referees in England
Post Likes
felicitations to joel on succeeding POB- now will my years of reffing in france get me that appointment (bien sur non je pense)

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
see IRB News here

Good choice as the new IRB High Performance Match Official Manager.

With Bernard Lapasset as IRB Chairman how long before French becomes the primary language and HQ switches from Dublin to Paris ? :biggrin:

"Jutge will join the new restructured and more streamlined selection process expert committee, chaired by IRB Council Member and former Scotland international John Jeffrey, with former elite referees Lyndon Bray, Tappe Henning (both SANZAR), Donal Courtney and Clayton Thomas (both 6 Nations). It meets four times per year to make selections for the next international window with all performances reviewed as part of the next round of international selections."

He said "“I am looking forward to using the experience gained through my years working with the FFR to work within a strong IRB Referee Selection Committee alongside Paddy O’Brien to strengthen relationships with stakeholders and add further momentum to our commitment to driving forward match official standards across both forms of the Game.”

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
I am looking forward to using the experience gained through my years working with the FFR to work within a strong IRB Referee Selection Committee alongside Paddy O’Brien to strengthen relationships with stakeholders and add further momentum to our commitment to driving forward match official standards across both forms of the Game

Someone has been teaching him corporate speak and PR buzzwords/phrases

Simon......

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
No way - amateur, beginner attempt, but shows promise for an ongoing key skill set development opportunity, ensuring he goes forward with win-win deliverables.

To win conference 'buzzword' bingo you have to do a lot better than that, and include most of :

engagement, churn, idea showers, product evangelist, platform agnostic, holistic cradle-to-grave approach, got you on my radar, low hanging fruit, in this space, 360-degree thinking, pipelines, paradigm shifts, cascading, granularity, strategic staircase, high altitude view or 35,000 feet view, ballpark figure, be proactive not reactive, bring it to the table, mission critical, move the goalposts, think outside the box, blue-sky thinking, pushing the envelope, there is no 'I' in team, knowledge base, core competencies, win-win situation, client focus, deliverables, incentivise, and take it to the next level

Davet

Post Likes
Ah - me being impressed would be down to my neophyte status then.

Though "low hanging fruit" sounds more like a DickieE phrase....

Though, can one take low hanging fruit to the next level to get a paradigm shift?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Best fun in meetings is to make up your own TLA's and then watch people nod in agreement :biggrin:

B52 REF

Referees in England
Post Likes
My Olympic team took 3 days to work out that my "i think we may have to find another solution here.." meant "you're tallking b***ocks mate"- sad thing was how often i had to employ it (am now being fined per usage by my fun-loving assistants-the saffer and oz ladyteamleaders.)

Davet

Post Likes
"That turns out not to be the case", means much the same thing.