Ladies Match's

duncanb

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Hi

Find myself down for a Ladies game match this week end anyone got any help.
Plan to go in kit leave stuff in car but would rather like to shower after match as don't want to be smelly person in corner have been to this club before and I know no seperate shower.
Would you advise plenty of can's of the smelly stuff of what ??
any advice would be good cheers

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Hi

Find myself down for a Ladies game match this week end anyone got any help.
Plan to go in kit leave stuff in car but would rather like to shower after match as don't want to be smelly person in corner have been to this club before and I know no seperate shower.
any advice would be good cheers

agree with teams that you have first shower and leg it on the final whistle:wink:

big fish

Referees in England
Post Likes
Duncan,
You should have no problems with the getting changed bit as the club your at has seperate Officials changing room. However, the showers are in the two teams changing rooms, so could cause a problem unless you agree something before hand. As per THE BFG , leg it quickly after final whistle, because it the changing rooms are a little way from the pitch and this will give you a little time.

Ben Wiles

Referees in England
Post Likes
Let them shower first, then you go, shouldn't be too complicated. That way round you'll probably all get to the bar at the same time, unless you plan to spend a long time on your hair!

duncanb

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
Thanks
only small amount of hair and won't comment on other bits

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Let them shower first, then you go, shouldn't be too complicated. That way round you'll probably all get to the bar at the same time, unless you plan to spend a long time on your hair!

Ben, you realise there are some ladies on this site :nono:

Blow that, all the hot water will have gone:Nerv:

Ben Wiles

Referees in England
Post Likes
Ben, you realise there are some ladies on this site :nono:

I'm sure they know I'm only joking. Plus it actually takes me a considerable amount of time (and wax!) to achieve my 'just out of bed' look.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I'm sure they know I'm only joking. Plus it actually takes me a considerable amount of time (and wax!) to achieve my 'just out of bed' look.

And your Chairman! :wink:

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
It is often the case for a Sunday match (Colts or Ladies) that many clubs do not have a separate shower facility (even if they have separate match officials changing room).

Waiting for the players to finish their showers is not a recommended strategy, you could be waiting for hours - agree to have first use or don't bother.

Usually I adopt the tracksuit approach and if I smell in the bar - tough ! I will make a remark that it would nice if they could install a match officials shower or plan for one when they extend / build new clubhouse.

So far showers put in refs room at Havant & B'stoke came from such discussions a few years ago. Some clubs already had refs room and showers, and others (often council grounds) have shocking changing facilities (when compared to France for example).

New clubhouses mostly have a separate refs rooms as part of initial design (but initially not all had separate showers planned - often now I get asked by CB and Clubs when new a non-sporting architect is used, plus we have Leroy Angel in Hants who offers free advice to clubs).

New clubhouses with separate refs room and integral shower built in last 10 years:

Totts, Portsmouth, Eastleigh, Petersfield, Ellingham & Ringwood, Gosport, Sandown & Shanklin, and Andover - well done to all,

Taff

Referees in Wales
Post Likes
... Waiting for the players to finish their showers is not a recommended strategy, you could be waiting for hours - agree to have first use or don't bother. ...
+1. That's what happens here in U19 games if the ref has to share a shower. Usually the boys have a quick 5mins warm down / team talk on the pitch, while the ref takes a quick dip. By the time he's out, the boys are on the way back in.

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Totts, Portsmouth, Eastleigh, Petersfield, Ellingham & Ringwood, Gosport, Sandown & Shanklin, and Andover - well done to all,

Seen their new place, very swish. But never officiated at it - so left with enduring visions of the old ultra communal shower and changing rooms - never a problem, mind, and was the prettiest ground in Hampshire.

Oh - a hon mention to Dorset club Lytchett Minster (who play Hants 2) for their new(ish) facilities which are enjoyed by HRURS members.

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
New clubhouses with separate refs room and integral shower built in last 10 years:

appreciate that you are only commenting on Hants clubs ST but FTR you can include Devizes in that list "north" of the border :)

didds

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I know no seperate shower.

It's called a Submariner's Dhoby :biggrin:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
appreciate that you are only commenting on Hants clubs ST but FTR you can include Devizes in that list "north" of the border :)

didds
And possibly Southampton Uni in his own patch. If more than 10 years old, it's wearing well!

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I didn't include it as a Hampshire Club Dixie, as it is the Uni Sports ground - used to be King Edwards School ground, they swapped grounds and Uni built the new sports centre 5 or 6 years ago.

Changing rooms and officials room are for all sports (rugby, soccer, hockey, lacrosse, US football, etc) and paid for by Uni and to keep the little darlings confortable while they do b*gger all for 3 or 4 years, so doesn't really count

Davet

Referee Advisor / Assessor
Post Likes
Oi - my little darlin's at Southampton, and working bloody hard.

barker14610

Referees in America
Post Likes
Take a couple of these. Let them sit in the car and they will warm up during the match. Don't forget a towel.

Last edited: