Recent content by JSAK

1. JSAK

23 meter drop-out?

A 22 drop-out is awarded. The kicker stands a short distance behind his 22 and then proceeds to drop-kicks the ball. The momentum of his forward movement causes him to release the ball so that it actually drops over the 22 from when it is kicked. The kicker oversteps the 22 (with his kicking...
  2. JSAK

Wrong call?

Was watching an old game video and saw something I had not noticed during the actual game. Blue lineout a few meters outside of the Red 22. Both Red and Blue jumpers go up for the throw-in and [this is the part I had not previously noticed] Blue bats the ball out of Red’s hands and back and into...
  3. JSAK

2 maul questions

After catching up on some Championship and Challenge Cup games I have two maul-related questions. (1) There were a number of occasions where players bound-in were pulled out of a maul by opposing players. Perhaps the refs didn’t deem these specific actions material, or perhaps advantage of which...
  4. JSAK

2016 3.5 The Front Row – Replacements and Substitutions

I was perusing the 2016 LOTG and noticed some potential issues with Section 3.5 The Front Row – Replacements and Substitutions. One of which is as follows. The 2015 LOTG contained 20 subsection (a-t) under Law 3.5. The 2016 version of Law 3.5 has only 4 (a-d) subsections. A subsection that seems...
  5. JSAK

Disciplinary P&Ps

I have been volunteered to develop a formal disciplinary policy and procedures for our state union. A couple of years ago USA Rugby (USAR) adopted IRB Regulation 17 and the Sanctions for Foul Play, so we are obligated to reflect this in our P&P’s. USAR also produced some guidance regarding what...
  6. JSAK

The opposite of a header??

This situation is similar to a question that was posed by TheBFG a couple of weeks ago, but rather than being accused of jacking that thread, I though I’d begin a new one. So, the “recipient” is clearly offsides, but is he playing the ball? I have only seen the clip, not the actual game, so I...