Search results

1. Y

Ball hits top of upright

Good morning, In yesterday's Glasgow v Dragons game: Penalty kick at goal from right of posts, ball is struck well - straight and high, and appears to come down directly on the top of the right side upright, it is deflected slightly to the left and lands over the dead ball line. Decision...
  2. Y

"wheeling" the ruck

Apologies for the title - its the closest description I could come up with. For my benefit (and also Dan Cole's & Sean Lamont's), is it an offence to drive your opponent backwards and around the rear of the ruck. This was done with impunity in the EnglandvItaly match, but was penalised in the...
  3. Y

Cheap Watch/Timer for Refereeing

Hi, I thought some of you would be interested in my views on a basic watch/timer that I've started using for refereeing. It is not as multi-functional as some of the others I've seen mentioned on here - the Casio one in particular - but it was cheap! Its a Geonaute 200 timer, and basically, it...
  4. Y

Rear pod over 15m line

On a couple of occasions last week against the All Blacks, the rear pod of the Scottish lineout shuffled back beyond the 15m line before the ball was thrown. The referee seemed to let this go. This weekend against South Africa, the same tactic resulted in a try, as the receiver had a huge gap...
  5. Y

France V Ireland - Mark Called

Hi, Can't seem to find anything written in law about this... About 11 minutes into the game, Rob Kearney makes a clean catch inside his 22 from a French kick and hares off down the pitch. Looks very non-plussed when Dave Pearson blows up and calls him back for the mark. DP points to Paul...
  6. Y

Pick & Drive or Hands in Ruck ?

Hello Refs, Usually if I see any calls I don't understand, it pops up on here pretty quickly and I get an answer, however.. LV cup; Scarlets v London Irish. Player bound in ruck near try line scoops the ball up with his right hand, whilst remaining bound with left arm, and dives over for a...