Search results

1. G

[Tackle] Lifting Tackle

I encountered a U14 team that had clearly been coached to lift in the tackle. This was mostly done legally, however on two occasions a player was lifted off the ground, held in the air in a helpless situation, tupped beyond the horizontal, and then dropped to the ground landing hips first...
  2. G

Leg lifting in the line-out

In an U15s game, I saw a ref FK against a team for leg lifting in the lineout. He insisted that both the lifters needed to prebind onto the shorts of the jumper. I have a recollection of this being a Sydney Juniors local variation in the past, but I can find no record of it being valid now...
  3. G

Distraction

Blue vs Red, where Red is the dominant team and is leading by 30 points 20 minutes into the game. Blue kicks off after a try, long high ball. Blue flanker advances quickly on the Red player waiting to catch the ball, and just as he is about to catch, the Blue player yells" Drop it!". The...
  4. G

Two man lineout - Law 19.8 (b), (i), (k)

Blue and Red form a lineout, Blue throwing in. Blue has two line-out players, and a receiver, and Red matches. The Blue receiver steps into the lineout and jumps, being supported by the two existing line-out players. Red does not have time to match actions and is unable to form a lifting pod...
  5. G

Question - lineout and advantage

There is a line-out on the half line, Blue throw in. Blue has 5 lineout particpants, and a receiver. Thrower standing on the LOT / sideline Red has 4 line-out particpants and a receiver. Thrower marker standing 2m from LOT, 2m infield from sideline. Suddenly Red realises they have one less...
  6. G

Ref signals

I am new to refereeing, and I am struggling with correct signals. Can someone please advise the signals for the following: Playing the ball on the ground Incorrect numbers in the line-out Lifting tackle (foul play) Is there a resource available for this?