Search results

1. S

End of season...

Well the end of season BBQ is upon us so it's time for me to hang up my boots for the season. :norc: I just want to say a big big thank you for all the help and support I've had from you guys in my 1st season in the middle, you've been a massive help. :clap::clap::clap::clap: Just looking...
  2. S

Eyes in the back of my head!

Welcome back to the next question from the noob :chin: So this week I blew for an offense that I didn't actually see with my own eyes. The scum half passed from the base of the ruck, 1st receiver was a good 8-10 yards away and a defender tackled him so quickly there was absolutely no way he was...
  3. S

Release!

I take notes, so when I had a lecture by the opposition HC over a call being wrong I calmly nodded wisely and scribbled. Anyway here's the scenario which isn't really specific to U11 NRoP; Red BC collides with Green player, green immediately starts to strip the ball and there's a bit of heave...
  4. S

Free Kicks

Another Sunday and another question from the noob... I awarded a penalty to green who elected to kick to gain and then restarted with a FP to green from the point the ball went into touch. Now this was greeted with noises from the reds about "that's not how it works". Now we've been playing it...
  5. S

Fly Hacking

When is a fly hack not a fly hack? 9A) Kicking on the ground is prohibited (often referred to as a ‘fly-hack’). Seems straight forward, and not over thinking it but that means that trapping the ball or otherwise stopping/interacting with the ball with feet/legs is fine. As long as you don't...
  6. S

Rant

Feel free to ignore this, it's more here for me to get off my chest!! :deadhorse::wtf: We played away yesterday and had a F*&&*&* awful experience with the ref. He was bad, wrong and dangerous is some many ways we can't even begin to count; wrong. KO went over the try line + dotted down, 5m...
  7. S

Quick restarts

A question occurred to me whilst watching the Scotland vs NZ game recently and it's a slow day. The pundits were advocating that Scotland IIRC should have taken a quick restart and caught the Kiwis napping; the full regs seem to allow it by not disallowing it. The ref only needs to blow to start...
  8. S

High Tackles

NRoP 7aiii says a high tackle is above the shoulder (which is the neck and up to us). 8a a tackle is arm pits and below. 14b Only contact below the armpit Now our collective interpretation from U9 has been above the armpit is a high tackle and under the NRoP that means a FP. However, my...
  9. S

Restart after injury

I've had a good rummage but failed to find a definite answer and i know there will be somebody here who'll know the answer chapter and verse... During the usual end of training game and we had what appeared to be a clash of heads so I blew up immediately. It wasn't anywhere as nasty as it...