Adding Moderators to Ignore List

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
A great feature of this site is the ability to ignore some people. The strange thing is that Moderators, an essential part of a community like this, have an understandably "non-ignorable" status for their official communications, but this also extends to their day to day contributions to the site.

Could we all agree to ask that Mods have two identities, one in their official capacity and one in their personal capacity which would be blockable? So if I was a moderator I would be Blackberrymod in my official capacity and Blackberry in my personal musings?

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
I have a personal ignore list, it includes:-

Tall people.
People from the Midlands.
Ex Royal Navy.
People who work in IT.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
I don't think this is a serious request, but just in case....

► Mods give warnings in threads, both general and specific. If you have a mod on "ignore" then you will miss the warning and that could have consequences for you... "I didn't see the warning because I had that mod on ignore" is not a viable excuse.

► It is not possible in the current vBulletin software version to have dual identities without the inconvenience having to log out and log back in. Also, such addons as "likes" "thanks" and "post counts" cannot be combined.

► The "ignore" function doesn't really ignore a user. If you place a user on your ignore list, their posts still appear but the content is hidden (and can be revealed using the "view post" button). The same thing can be achieved by the simple process of not reading the post.

Tall people.
Ex Royal Navy.
People who work in IT.

Oi larfed oi did!!!

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Of course people should be free to ignore a mod, if they wish, happy to take their chances with any missed warnings.

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
Ian, I hear what you say about the only barrier is the inconvenience of having to log in again when acting as a mod..... and how often does this happen? Very few times. Is it something we could consider?

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I am here you know :mad:

Ian_Cook

Referees in New Zealand
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Ian, I hear what you say about the only barrier is the inconvenience of having to log in again when acting as a mod..... and how often does this happen? Very few times. Is it something we could consider?

Coming up with a whole new system and inconveniencing a quite a number of people because one person is incapable of exercising sufficient self-restraint to not read posts by moderator they dislike?

Sorry, it ain't gonna happen.

TheBFG

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6

Tall people.
Ex Royal Navy.
People who work in IT.

you forgot "people who work for Leicester Tigers" :biggrin:

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
...................still in the room!!

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think we should be told which mod has got up Blackberry's nose - particularly as BB is supposed to be on his bike riding from Lands End to John O'Groats right now. Did a Mod refuse to sponsor him?

Blackberry

Referees in England
Post Likes
I think we should be told which mod has got up Blackberry's nose - particularly as BB is supposed to be on his bike riding from Lands End to John O'Groats right now. Did a Mod refuse to sponsor him?

I never go for sponsorship when I do LEJOG!!! Not since the abortive "Blackberry Range Rover Fund" failed to capture the public's imagination.