Army v Navy 9th May - appeal

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
An old ruggar buddy has come up trumps, thanks go to Group Captain xxxxxxx yyyyyyy who accessed some 'spares'

Thanks to everyone who asked around etc...

Over.

How's someone in the RAF got access to tickets?

Browner

Banned
Post Likes

Ha ha ha, ..... You're confusing me with some who takes any interest in his rank ...... Maybe he's a field admiral ??!!?? ....I might ask him oneday, but its never interfered in our post school 'remote' freindship, and he rarely wears a uniform when we meet at the Duke of Cambridge before an international ....

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
How can you have a game at half-time? A U15 Final no less?

Two halves of 25 minutes each is the norm for U15 here, and has been shortened to 2x20 when they play semi-final and final same day.

Confused.
It's all the rage, like this clip taken at Munster's v Glasgow Warriors (December 2012)
ULBohs v Fermoy ,Mini Rugby in Thomond Park Give the kids an opportunity to play before thousands of spectators.

chbg

Referees in England
Solutions
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 7

Someone has to be there in case the RAF win the Babcock Inter Services Championships. Yesterday: Army 29 RAF 33

:wtf: :( :shrug:

Very well deserved victory, as on balance handling errors went their way. Army now have to beat Royal Navy by at least 5 points to win the Championships.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
A friends daughter is part of her school side that have won through to their U15 rugby Final which will be played at halftime during the Army v Navy fixture at Twickenham on 9/5/15.

Her parents would love to go & watch, but official ticket routes say " sold out" , so they've drawn a blank!.

Do any of our UK Forces Members have any way to access tickets through their forces connections? As a minimum 2 tickets needed, ( but could take more cos other parents are in the same boat/tank :) )

If anyone can help these parents acquire some tickets , then please PM me ASAP, and i'll put both 'parties' in contact etc....

Or any other routes/suggestions ??
Many thanks.
Browner

MAY 09 15:00 SAT
team.1957.png

Army v Navy for the Babcock Trophy

Update,

my friends daughter was part of the team that won the u15s final , thats consecutive finals , and now the National girls school title
I'm really chuffed that her parents got to watch :pepper::clap::bday:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
Update,

my friends daughter was part of the team that won the u15s final , thats consecutive finals , and now the National girls school title
I'm really chuffed that her parents got to watch :pepper::clap::bday:

did they actually need tickets to the Army Navy game?
Wasn't the U15 final actually earlier in the day?

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
did they actually need tickets to the Army Navy game?
Wasn't the U15 final actually earlier in the day?

Hi Crossref,
Yes the U15 final was earlier, and not at HT as had been initially thought.

This was a school tourno, the players travelled the day before and stayed overnight in accommodation together with their teacher. The parents either made separate accom arrangements or travelled to the Qualifying Tourno at Staines on the morning of the tourno. I'm informed that the Staines tourno was superbly run by the RFU.

The two sides that made it through to the final had 1hr to dash across to Twickenham in order to make the U15s finals 'slot' these teams also had (as a reward for their efforts) seats reserved for them at the main Army v Navy game, but there was no provision made for parents, and they were unable to enter to watch their daughters unless they already had a seat reserved for the main event.

Obviously No one knew which two sides were going to win through to Twickenham, and getting tickets for this sold out event wasn't easy even if parents were prepared to gamble on their child getting through to twickenham.

My friends accessed Twickenham for the seats they'd acquired, then had a battle to persuade stewards to let them get closer to their daughters ( as their tickets were in fact for row z in the rafters) persistence paid off and they finally managed to find a steward prepared to adopt a "don't tell anyone I let you" mentality, so they occupied a seat near the players /teachers etc...( remember the stadium was virtually empty as most main game watchers were outside the stadium in the surrounding drinking tents )

After the final whistle, as the winning team were being photographed, my friends wanted to take their own photo ( understandable you'd think) yet they were prevented from getting close because "they didn't have a clearance badge" to allow them to get to pitch side ........ Cmon, Stadium organisers these were proud parents wanting to photograph their daughters to have a lifelong memory, NOT a bonafide security threat ! :wtf:

Clearly the best way to have run this would have been to shepherd all the parents into the stadium as a group ( the concourse is big enough to house a few cheering mums and dads) , supervise them as they cheered on their children, let them take photos at pitch side, and then either give them a reserved seat so they could sit with their daughter and watch the match ( preferred) , or shepherd them back out of the stadium before the main match started where they could bask in the memory of what just happened in the now empty west car park tents.

In summary ,The players and teacher had a great day, my friends who'd gambled and bought a ticket... Did get to see their daughter play/win at twickers, ( but I'm told there were parents who missed out and didn't get to see theirs ) but in doing so they had a stressful battle against 'rules regs stewards and marshalls' which 'unnecessarily' dampened their unique experience.

Last edited:

crossref

Referees in England
Post Likes
I guess they thought it was just too much lost revenue to provide seats for parents.

Given the choice I wonder which the girls would haved chosen --- play the final at Twickenham, but parents unable to watch, or just play the final at Staines, with their parents.

Browner

Banned
Post Likes
I guess they thought it was just too much lost revenue to provide seats for parents.

Given the choice I wonder which the girls would haved chosen --- play the final at Twickenham, but parents unable to watch, or just play the final at Staines, with their parents.

Yep, promoting the game does sometimes involve costs , I'm sure a full Army v Navy fixture could have coped with it. I suspect the final at Twickers carrot drew additional school entries and additional publicity/marketing/sponsorship opportunities !

Involving ( rather than miffing off ) the parents, should have been an easily achievable objective when the tourno was planned. Young players would simply be excited , & shouldn't have to consider such choices.

Player ...."It was brilliant, but it was a shame mum & dad weren't able to see me, they'd driven me 150 miles & they missed out " ....shouldn't ever have been allowed !!!

Last edited: