Ask the Referee a Question

Colt

Referees in England
Post Likes
Well the website is not an overly efficient machine at the best of times, this
new forum should finally tip it over the edge. An orderly queue gents please, no pushing at the back, only Captains allowed to speak with the Ref please!

From the Rfu website today

forTalking Eds - RFU.com Exclusive

October 2008
we’ve all done it. Why Ref?

Every rugby fan will be familiar with the feeling. You’re sitting at home watching a game and you find yourself pointing at the TV and voicing your verdict on the referee’s every decision, safe in the knowledge that your view won’t be scrutinised by thousands or even millions of fans around the world.

But now you can put your reffing question straight to one of the game’s most respected whistlers, Ed Morrison.

Before taking over as the RFU’s Elite Referees Manager, Morrison refereed over 38 major Test matches, including the 1995 Rugby World Cup Final between hosts (and eventual winners) South Africa and New Zealand.

From ELVs to safety, if you have a burning question, whether it’s from last week’s club game or next month’s internationals, get the facts from an expert.
E-mail your question for Ed Morrison to talkingeds@therfu.com, please remember to include your name and where you’re from.
Starting next Wednesday, November 5, you’ll be able to read the most popular questions together with Ed’s answers on our weekly Talking Eds feature at www.rfu.com/talkingeds

chopper15

Learned Terrace Ref
Post Likes
Well the website is not an overly efficient machine at the best of times, this
new forum should finally tip it over the edge. An orderly queue gents please, no pushing at the back, only Captains allowed to speak with the Ref please!

From the Rfu website today

forTalking Eds - RFU.com Exclusive

October 2008
we’ve all done it. Why Ref?

Every rugby fan will be familiar with the feeling. You’re sitting at home watching a game and you find yourself pointing at the TV and voicing your verdict on the referee’s every decision, safe in the knowledge that your view won’t be scrutinised by thousands or even millions of fans around the world.

But now you can put your reffing question straight to one of the game’s most respected whistlers, Ed Morrison.

Before taking over as the RFU’s Elite Referees Manager, Morrison refereed over 38 major Test matches, including the 1995 Rugby World Cup Final between hosts (and eventual winners) South Africa and New Zealand.

From ELVs to safety, if you have a burning question, whether it’s from last week’s club game or next month’s internationals, get the facts from an expert.
E-mail your question for Ed Morrison to talkingeds@therfu.com, please remember to include your name and where you’re from.
Starting next Wednesday, November 5, you’ll be able to read the most popular questions together with Ed’s answers on our weekly Talking Eds feature at www.rfu.com/talkingeds

Will he accept questions from learned terrace refs, I wonder?

Colt

Referees in England
Post Likes
One of the Mods of this site need to send Ed all our contact details, as he has agreed (?) to answer questions about "grass roots" decisions I guess he will want to contact us for an accurate assesment of the situation leading to our decision. Bit like referring to the TMO except it will take longer waiting for the e-mail reply.

I was thinking about having some business cards made with Ed's web address on so when a stroppy youth player questions my decision I can hand out a card and say " you need to refer to my EMO [e-mail match official]" for a detailed explanation.

ddjamo

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
One of the Mods of this site need to send Ed all our contact details, as he has agreed (?) to answer questions about "grass roots" decisions I guess he will want to contact us for an accurate assesment of the situation leading to our decision. Bit like referring to the TMO except it will take longer waiting for the e-mail reply.

I was thinking about having some business cards made with Ed's web address on so when a stroppy youth player questions my decision I can hand out a card and say " you need to refer to my EMO [e-mail match official]" for a detailed explanation.

LOL...good stuff! :biggrin: