Autumn Internationals '08

Brian Ravenhill

Referees in England
Post Likes
So the moneymaking exercise starts this weekend, better know as the autumn internationals.

England take on the Pacific Islands followed by the big three Aus, S.A. & NZ
Ireland start with Canada then NZ ending with Argentina.
Scotland ease into the series with NZ then S.A. finishing with Canada
Wales begin against S.A. then Canada NZ and finally Aus.
France play Argentina, and Italy face Australia.

What are the chances of any nation getting through the series unbeaten, only NZ can achieve a grand slam.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Well not ££££ from the Pacific Islands match where RFU can't even give tickets away, and had very poor response to 2for1 offer last week !

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
What are the chances of any nation getting through the series unbeaten, only NZ can achieve a grand slam.
Clive Woodward reckons England can win them all - he reportedly says so in the Times today. Personally, I'd be very surprised if that turned out to be the case - current side is a work in progress. The sort of WIP that NZ never seems to need.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
Will Rugby Union be adopting the Rugby League model on Officials?

i.e. if its your country, your stadium, your team and your ball, you are allowed to use your referee? :wow:

Lee Lifeson-Peart

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 6
Will Rugby Union be adopting the Rugby League model on Officials?

i.e. if its your country, your stadium, your team and your ball, you are allowed to use your referee? :wow:

This is more an "Australian" RL dictat rather than RL per se. :mad:

When they play GB or England as it is now they'll only have a ref from Aus or GB (if it's here). They threatened not to play in thTri-nations if an NZ ref was appointed to the GB vs Aus game last year. TV ratings rule so they got their way :mad: