Beep test Levels required by Societies / Associations / Unions for Refs?

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Robbie, if you tell me how to add a PDF I can let you have the Scotland Bleep Test requirements.

Click 'Go Advanced'

When on that page below the text box you will see a link to manage attachements, click there.

Click add in top right corner.

Click select files

Choose the file

click upload files.

Then click done (or ok) in bottom right corner.

You should have uploaded a PDF.

Failing that email it to me webmaster@rugbyrefs.com

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
For me you need a little more stamina for the bleep as it builds up.

YoYo you need to be quick, it ramps up the speed very quickly.

Doesnt help when your society make you do it on grass in the rain! (yes committee men I know we referee on grass!! but it wasnt how the test was developed!!!)

Man up! we did ours on grass with a slope! You will allways be there or there abouts, Just smile and do it has been my motto:pepper:

Robert Burns

Staff member
Post Likes
Slope? We found a mountain in the desert, limited water to three drops per person per hour and then jogged home for tea! The really eleite guys had one drop for the whole exersize.

Womble

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
National Panel
Now thats my kind of humor:pepper:

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
Slope? We found a mountain in the desert, limited water to three drops per person per hour and then jogged home for tea! The really eleite guys had one drop for the whole exersize.

Luxury!

We had to run ours barefoot with lego pieces strewn everywhere.

Everyone person on this planet knows stepping on some lego is the most amount of pain imaginable, now try running on that!

Drift

Referees in Australia
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 2
You HAD LEGO?

You were LUCKY. In my day....

I still do. It's the awesome thing about having 2 year old nephews, I get to play with lego and it's acceptable.

Robert Burns

Staff member
Post Likes
Possibly, any how, back to beep / yoyo tests. Anymore?

OB..

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
I have just come across this nineteenth century approach to fitness training.

No doubt some men are much more favourably situated than others for getting regular exercise; but every man can find time to use light dumb-bells and clubs, to indulge in an occasional bout of boxing and wrestling, and to go for a sharp walk varied by occasional sprints in the evening after his work.

It comes from Rugby Football by Harry Vassall (England, 5 caps 1881-3)

andyscott

Referees in England
Post Likes
Man up! we did ours on grass with a slope! You will allways be there or there abouts, Just smile and do it has been my motto:pepper:

Acutally I am too important to do it, so I had my man run it for me.

I was just trying to gain favour with you common folk ;)

KML1

Ref in Hampshire. Work for World Rugby
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Elite Panel
Possibly, any how, back to beep / yoyo tests. Anymore?

Robbie - prob worth adding in here that the version the RFU are using isn't the one you can download from the web/app store. It's an abridged version where there's a shuttle at 5, one at 9 then onto 11 onwards. I suppose you could assume the levels do correlate to the ones you have in those L1 charts at the start of this thread, but you know what assuming does...

Robert Burns

Staff member
Post Likes
Robbie - prob worth adding in here that the version the RFU are using isn't the one you can download from the web/app store. It's an abridged version where there's a shuttle at 5, one at 9 then onto 11 onwards. I suppose you could assume the levels do correlate to the ones you have in those L1 charts at the start of this thread, but you know what assuming does...

So it gets to the hard speeds quicker you mean.

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes

That sounds like the YoYo IR L1...