Continuous Referee Development Award - England

Norfolk_Ref

Facebook Member
Post Likes
Hi,

has anyone done modules from this course? could they provide any feedback or recommendations about this course?

Thanks

dave_clark

Referees in England
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 15 - 11
London (north) and Essex societies cover them off in monthly meetings, so I'd guess that Norfolk do likewise?

Norfolk_Ref

Facebook Member
Post Likes
thanks dave,

we did some today, I was hoping to try and get some of the materials and handbooks to have a look at in my own time.

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'd mention that the course, despite its name, does not lead to the award of anything. It seems to be an agenda and useful materials for technical discussions at Society meetings.

My own view is that the materials are very useful, and the discussions that can stem from them more so - but that does depend on high-quality structured work taking place in a difficult amateur environment. I think many professional trainers would struggle in the context of a Society meeting.

PaulDG

Referees in England
Post Likes
I'd mention that the course, despite its name, does not lead to the award of anything.

It leads to the same sort of thing the ELRA does - an entry on Rugby First saying you've completed it.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Good idea that has never got the engagement and traction it needed. Perhaps over-complicated and content rich for the average Society referee.

Lots of good material for Society Training Officers and highly committed development referees.

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
The CRDA material consists of trainers notes, powerpoint material and videos (which mean nothing without the notes).
The notes do mention handouts, which were supplied a few years ago as CRDA folders for new referees. However these are like the ELRA folders, basically blank and meaningless without the training given.

You should speak to your Society training officer if you want a CRDA in a particular area.

The problem with the latest versions is that each module takes far longer than a standard Society training meeting lasts, and the gap between meetings means they are of little use across more than one meeting. Some of the modules can be cut down to provide good training in certain areas.

There is a second set of material (cant remember the name off hand) designed just for Club Ref's. These were sent to Training Officers and CrefC's (all except CrossRef!)