David Rose Arrest Warrant News

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
The David Rose situation is potentially serious for him (and RFU) and Browner's humour of showing eBay Dartmoor Release programme T shirts is not appropriate on this Forum. Hence I have deleted them.

Alleged benefit fraud and an arrest warrant being issued are not to be made fun of.

David was made redundant by RFU or resigned in December 2012, and so was out of work early this year and then was appointed in May as Regional Delivery Manager at Badminton England. As a Premiership Referee he gets a match fee and travel expenses, which it seems DWP see as being self-employed and so DWP says he was fraudulent in claiming Jobseekers Allowance.

Once the case is decided and the facts are known, then more than happy for Browner's sort of humour to be used on the Forum, but yuntil then I suggest we keep it quiet.

Bryan

Referees in Canada
Post Likes
Fully support the above.

There are few times when I'm happy to put a media-stranglehold on things, but this is one of them. I dont want folks getting on here about what constitutes employment and having shit-slinging matches about whether he's right or wrong. Let his legal help sort it out and let's keep out of this.

Remember, he was also one of the few refs on here that came on for a Q&A session and answered a lot of our questions, so poking fun at this situation makes us look like unsympathetic c**ts.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
cheers Bryan - this is likely to be serious for Rosey so we need to be careful

Phil E

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Current Referee grade:
Level 8
I have locked the thread.

Should we just delete it completely?

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
i was going to earlier but have been in meetings, now travelling.

Suggest you do delete it.

Robert Burns

, Referees in Canada, RugbyRefs.com Webmaster
Staff member
Post Likes
Yes delete the thread, I'll put a one post thread out. Rosey has been good to me with contributions here and I do not want to offend him.

I'll post this later today.

Simon Thomas

Referees in England
Staff member
Post Likes
Yes delete the thread, I'll put a one post thread out. Rosey has been good to me with contributions here and I do not want to offend him.

I'll post this later today.

Robbie - I recommend that you post nothing. Leave it to the courts to decide.

SimonSmith

Referees in Australia
Staff member
Post Likes
Late to this, but agree 100% with all the above.