Don't yell at us

L'irlandais

, Promises to Referee in France
Post Likes
So that's where Munster's 16th man got to last week-end.

More seriously, I dislike "loud-mouthed" parents who know better than the ref. Perhaps if either of those two individuals would care to give up some of their free-time to help ref a game, rather than obstruct those who do, I'd have more sympathy for them. We've got them on this side of the "pond" too, always present for their kids games, but never help out at the club, ever.

FlipFlop

Referees in Switzerland
Post Likes
A great penalty for the parents would be to be sentenced to volunteer as an official for X games, following the appropriate course which they have to pay for. The best way to shut them up, is to put them in the middle and let them be subject to the "loud mouthed parents".

L'irlandais

Post Likes
I like that suggestion. Community service with a difference. Only I suspect, the couple I have in mind, would most likely be far too busy for such a trivial undertaking. :(

Perhaps we should have the First XV's front row give them the team's jerseys to be washed and ironed before next training session, or else. :wait:

Last edited:

Dixie

Referees in England
Post Likes
Perhaps we should have the First XV's front row give them the team's jerseys to be washed and ironed before next training session, or else. :wait:
Brilliant! Why stop at the front row? 22 muddy jerseys to wash, iron and tumble dry for unflattering comments from the sideline. The coach would be happy to implement that - either he or one of his players would otherwise have to do it.

scrumpox2

Referees in England
Post Likes
Two wrongs don't make a right, the last thing we need is games under reluctant, conscripted refs!

But the laundry duties idea is inspired, I love it!

didds

Resident Club Coach
Post Likes
A great penalty for the parents would be to be sentenced to volunteer as an official for X games, following the appropriate course which they have to pay for. The best way to shut them up, is to put them in the middle and let them be subject to the "loud mouthed parents".

I'd agree but for the fact it rather relies on them stepping up to the mark and actually wanting to ref it properly.

they could just as well make a total - deliberate - mockery of the whole affair.

didds

L'irlandais

Post Likes
...they could just as well make a total - deliberate - mockery of the whole affair.

didds
They'd better get those collars nice 'n clean (and soft) I can tell you, or our prop Bertrand is not going to be happy. :Nerv: